Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm a proud owner of a new 2014 blazed orange FZ-09. The last motorcycle I owned was a 1994 FZR-1000 about 16 years ago, so I'm a little rusty and not used to the instant tq.This bike is scary fun and is worth every penny.
I have a graves fender eliminater, shorty adjustable levers, small bullet rear turn signals, and hand guards on the way. I want an exhaust to make it a bit louder/deeper tone and to cut a few pounds, but not sure I'm ready to hack up the stock exhaust or spend $800+ for a full exhaust.

Also why is the blazing orange the only one with a silver frame? I bought the matte black vinyl to wrap the frame and a few other parts because it really grinds my gears.

Anyways a phone pic of my baby. ;)

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new FZ. Yamaha clearly doesn't employ mental giants designing color schemes.

Wrap that frame and have a blast. Great choice!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Where did you buy it from? I got mine from Pioneer Motorsports in Chafee. I live in West Seneca, we should go riding soon.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome to the club. Post pics after you wrap the frame

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome! Why the frame is silver is a closely guarded secret... ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome!

I put the M4 exhaust on mine right at delivery after reading what others had to say on the forum; it was louder than what I expected but I still love the sound. The sub $400 price tag was also a plus.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations on your purchase. Where did you buy it from? I got mine from Pioneer Motorsports in Chafee. I live in West Seneca, we should go riding soon.
PM me your number and we can go riding sometime. I went to bob weavers, it was the only place locally that had orange. I liked the yellow, but they would've had to order it.

Welcome to the club. Post pics after you wrap the frame
I'm waiting for it to warm up because trying to wrap in the cold is not fun and it will look like crap. I will definitely post pics though.

Welcome!

I put the M4 exhaust on mine right at delivery after reading what others had to say on the forum; it was louder than what I expected but I still love the sound. The sub $400 price tag was also a plus.

I signed up for the amazon card and it came with a $40 gift card, so the M4 exhaust was only $330 shipped. ;)

Awesome color choice and welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts