Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to the forum. Just placed a 30% deposit on a new 2021 MT09. Will be here end of December.

only passed my License in Jan so a new rider at the age of 42 but have been driving cars since the age of 18.

got a second hand Aprilia Shiver 900 straight away which I loved (was on my way to buy a second hand MT07 but saw an ad for the shiver and bought it) and sold in September. Have been looking for a new bike.
Have also been riding my friend’s brand new Ducati xDiavel S with a Termignoni system (man is it loud) and another Monster 1200 S with a termignoni system (also very loud)

recently tested a Monster, Tuono 660, RS 660. Then test ride a 2017 MT09 yesterday and went to the yamaha dealer today and put the deposit on a new one

will put a couple of pics up of the bike and some scenery when I get it.

With it being 5 weeks away, I’m thinking of ordering a tail tidy, and a full exhaust system. These aren’t stocked in dubai due to the low volume of bikes sold so I have to think about ordering if I can spare the money.

I have checked the threads, but am leaning towards the Akrapovic Carbon system (but was considering a Yoshimura or an SC or an Arrow. Would be good to be reassured that you guysthink that Akra is a safe bet in terms of sound and power

does anyone know of a good cheap tail tidywhere the plate can be under the seat at a “discreet” angle like is seen on so many bikes?

also looking for some good bar end mirrors to replace the stock ones

sorry for the long intro, but I’m keen to be part of the fam-a-lam the forum has

Thanks

Ratty

·
Registered
2021 MT-09
60 Posts
Hello and welcome Ratty. I went with the Mustard Bikes tail tidy (out of AUS), but for mirrors I simply replaced my OEM with used XSR700 mirrors, so they're not bar-end. I also added Powerbronze handguards, MRA "NRN" windscreen that replaced the Mustard Bikes screen I had originally installed, and lastly a Corbin Gunfighter seat which I love. I haven't purchased an exhaust at this time.

Keep us updated on your upcoming purchase with plenty of pictures!🙂

Reactions: Ratty

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Ratty, are you UK ex-pat? Good written English if you aren't!

Tail tidy....you won't got far wrong with this one for the price. The bloke who makes them has posted on the forum somewhere aswell. Don't know if he will post to Dubai, I imagine he would though. I've got one and am well impressed.

2021+. Yamaha MT-09 & FZ-09 Tail Tidy *Plug & Play*. *Key Lock Protection* | eBay

The carbon Akra is the only one I'd entertain at the minute, you know it will be spot on and it retains the O2 sensor so won't give you any trouble on that score.

Something you haven't mentioned that I'd add to your list is an Evotech radiator guard. They're well made and decent for the money. Shame the evotech tail tidy isn't a bit cheaper, that would be worth having aswell if it weren't so damn expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ratty, are you UK ex-pat? Good written English if you aren't!

Tail tidy....you won't got far wrong with this one for the price. The bloke who makes them has posted on the forum somewhere aswell. Don't know if he will post to Dubai, I imagine he would though. I've got one and am well impressed.

2021+. Yamaha MT-09 & FZ-09 Tail Tidy Plug & Play. Key Lock Protection | eBay

The carbon Akra is the only one I'd entertain at the minute, you know it will be spot on and it retains the O2 sensor so won't give you any trouble on that score.

Something you haven't mentioned that I'd add to your list is an Evotech radiator guard. They're well made and decent for the money. Shame the evotech tail tidy isn't a bit cheaper, that would be worth having aswell if it weren't so damn expensive.
Yes a British expat - been over here for about 15 years now.

thanks for sending the link for the tail tidy - will check it out

I saw a video about the top 10 mods for the MT09 and the evotech radiator guard came up

I’m hoping that the TST low tail tidy will accommodate the dubai plate as well as indicators

I will probably end up with the carbon Akra but like the look of the black SC or the Yoshimura exhausts

need to find a sissy bar or some sort of sturdy handles for the wife to hold on to She comes out in the evening

flippin’ waiting 5 weeks for the bike now is gonna be a ‘mare!!

but not all bad as I am riding this beast ….

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts