Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided on red, and got her bought. Just waiting for some good weather!

Glad I acted when I did, I was ready to put Ohlins and V&H race system exhaust on the XR. Cool bike, but I hate putting miles on it knowing it is a rare bike.

Which brings me to my new red FZ:) I will use my K1600GT for longer rides, highway duty, etc. For those missions it is sublime, and handles amazingly for a 750lb bike.

My question is, as far as highway speeds are concerned (70-80 mph), is the FZ09 too "busy" and spinning too many RPM's, or is it comfortable at those speeds? I just want to use the 09 as a "short ride" option. Small rides under 200 miles or so. If not, what mods would I want to consider?

On the mod list so far are Ermax 33MM screen, Akra exhaust.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'd recommend the Stoltec ecu flash, and the Woodcraft sliders from him too.

The RPM in that speed range is fine for me, it's such a personal preference thing that you'll just have to put the miles in to see for yourself. The wonderful 09 torque curve can no doubt handle taller sprockets in 6th at that speed, but I don't see the need, and I like keeping first gear where it is for gas stations etc.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Can't really comment. Winter put a stop to my riding.
To the list add:
Stoltec front spring (for your weight) and 10w oil.
STeel braided front lines (not a must by any means

Otherwise, ride the crap out of it, and address the issues that you might have with the bike.

my list so far here: FZ09 ? thetenerist

1 - 3 of 3 Posts