Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

After viewing this forum religiously since last summer (at home, at work, day, night, and even with the girlfriend around), I figured that the time has come for me to join.

About me: My name is Evan, I'll be 24 in the summer, and live in northeast Wisconsin (Fox Valley area). I've had my Class M since 2009; first and second bikes were a 2005 Suzuki GS500F and a 2007 Suzuki SV650S, respectively. I am now the proud owner of a 2015 FZ-09 in Matte Grey which I picked up last October for ~$8,500 OTD and was able to ride for about two weeks & 500 miles before I put it away. However, with the nice weather we've had up here the past week, the beast has been awakened from her slumber and has put on about 80 miles in a couple of days, ridden on the driest of dry roads.

I've added a few things to the bike: a M4 slip-on Exhaust, PCV, block-off Plates, T-Rex covers and frame sliders, fender eliminator, radiator guard, radiator side covers, Pazzo levers, new mirrors, a Yamaha tank pad, and swingarm spools

Although I've used many forums as a resource for several things, I am new to the forum scene in regards to actual membership with this being the first one, but I must say I haven't seen as much camaraderie on other forums as I've seen throughout this one. This forum has already aided me in projects and decisions I've made with my FZ-09 and I look forward to now being a part of the community. I plan to continue to use this forum as a resource but would also like to meet some of the others that share the same passion for riding, motorcycles, and the FZ-09, especially those in WI! I'm always looking for new people to go ride with.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the ride! (Safely :))

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bike looks rad man! How did the muffler affect ridability? That's my next thing to study up on, the exhaust seems to be tuned pretty decent, but I wonder if some of the mid-throttle hesitation I've been experiencing cant be tuned out with the ecu and some exhaust changes.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Well, hello fellow FZ rider and fellow Wisconsinite! I have the same year and color as yours. As my profile says, I live in the West Bend vicinity (slightly south). We have several other FZ owners in the area. One I just contacted in Random Lake. Plug your pin into the member map on this site and you'll see where the other owners are located. Teaming up for a ride sounds like fun, but I must warn you, I'm one of the old farts on this site. However, the speed limiter will only let us do 132 mph, so I should be able to keep up.

Welcome to the site and congratulations on a great choice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bike looks rad man! How did the muffler affect ridability? That's my next thing to study up on, the exhaust seems to be tuned pretty decent, but I wonder if some of the mid-throttle hesitation I've been experiencing cant be tuned out with the ecu and some exhaust changes.
Thanks! Well I've never ridden with a stock exhaust so comparing to stock I don't have any insight, unfortunately, as I had the exhaust put on at delivery. I've put the M4 map from Dynojet on the PCV and the '15 has an updated ECU which at least to me makes the bike feel butter smooth, especially in B mode. And it sounds really good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, hello fellow FZ rider and fellow Wisconsinite! I have the same year and color as yours. As my profile says, I live in the West Bend vicinity (slightly south). We have several other FZ owners in the area. One I just contacted in Random Lake. Plug your pin into the member map on this site and you'll see where the other owners are located. Teaming up for a ride sounds like fun, but I must warn you, I'm one the old farts on this site. However, the speed limiter will only let us do 132 mph, so I should be able to keep up.

Welcome to the site and congratulations on a great choice.
Hey Tigershark! Thanks for the warm welcome. I just updated the member map; what a cool feature! And age is only a number! It's cool how this bike has appealed to all sorts of riders and all sorts of ages.

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got a place in Phillips we should meet this summer sone time. I have a mod list about that long going on the matte silver!
On my way up there that is. I'm in Milwaukee
Hell yea, that would be awesome.

When I was at the Chicago Motorcycle Show, they had a fully modded matte silver on the floor which looked really slick. This is the first bike I've modded beyond a fender eliminator and an exhaust; it's a great feeling to have my machine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hell yea, that would be awesome.

When I was at the Chicago Motorcycle Show, they had a fully modded matte silver on the floor which looked really slick. This is the first bike I've modded beyond a fender eliminator and an exhaust; it's a great feeling to have my machine.
I've put on shorty brake and clutch levers, pro taper Carmichael bend bar, pro taper pillow grips, puig touring screen, graves fender eliminator, led signals that I'm still tinkering with to make work, and m4 going on tomorrow hopefully. I had planned to go to the show but a snowmobile trip got in the way ? wish I could have seen that

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you. Last Tuesday 3-10, already pounded out 780 miles
Holy cow! Good for you man!

I only did about 80 miles here over the weekend. Gave it a bath and put it away until we get some good rain to wash the crap away on the roads.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Holy cow! Good for you man!

I only did about 80 miles here over the weekend. Gave it a bath and put it away until we get some good rain to wash the crap away on the roads.
Yeah with 40s the rest of the week I'm getting tired of putting long johns, jeans and sweatpants on for the ride to work. The jeans stay on but changing sucks. I washed it everyday I rode... Everyday. Lots of chain lube. But letting it rest after its service might be alright. Its just so hard to let sit in my garage

1 - 15 of 15 Posts