Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I've joined so I can follow along with the fun and adventure that unfolds with these new street bikes. I may want to downsize someday from my current ride, and this one has my interest. I hope no one minds my asking questions from time to time.
Thanks,
-R

·
Banned
161 Posts
Chattanooga area??

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Thanks!

Far East TN actually. Near the TN421, "The Snake" and Shady Valley area.
Welcome to the forum. I'm down in the Knoxville area and have been on the 421 many times over the years, although it's been a while. Use to love to stop at the SV country store both before and after a pass through there, especially when the guy owned it that is no longer there.......circa 2004 2005, etc.....I cant remember his name though, it's been too many years. Also liked to ride up Grandfather Mt. area, Roan Mt., the 221, Little Switzerland, 194 ??? Lots of great roads up that way for sure.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Thanks!

Far East TN actually. Near the TN421, "The Snake" and Shady Valley area.
I keep hearing about this "snake".

Are you near the dragon? If so hopefully I'll see you out there!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum. I'm down in the Knoxville area and have been on the 421 many times over the years, although it's been a while. Use to love to stop at the SV country store both before and after a pass through there, especially when the guy owned it that is no longer there.......circa 2004 2005, etc.....I cant remember his name though, it's been too many years. Also liked to ride up Grandfather Mt. area, Roan Mt., the 221, Little Switzerland, 194 ??? Lots of great roads up that way for sure.
That's true. It sounds like you know the area well. Hopefully you can bring the 09 up and ride 421 again sometime. David Dale is the current owner of the store, but he has been looking to sell. It's still a busy place during the Summer, but the roads are easy to travel in the off seasons. It's a bit too cold up there right now, though.

I keep hearing about this "snake".

Are you near the dragon? If so hopefully I'll see you out there!
I'm not THAT far from the Dragon, but I almost never have the time available to ride there and stay a few days. Work and family keeps me busy.
Here's a link to info about "The Snake" ... 421 The Snake - 33 Miles, 489 Curves, 3 Mountains, and 1 Valley
Everybody needs to visit there at least once.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Thanks!

Sweet! TN has some of the best riding in the Eastern US, IMO.
Sshhhh! The roads here are horrible and bumpy!.....can't hardly get a 4WD across them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts