Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I don't know if anyone thinks it's appropriate or not to join a bike-specific forum prior to actually having said bike, but believe me, I'm SERIOUSLY jonesing to get a bright red FZ09 as soon as possible. My only modern bike out of 10 (the rest are vintage 2-strokes) right now is an '03 Z1000 with 80K miles which still runs perfect. The problem is with increasing age/arthritis and less than stellar fitness I'm finding the weight of the Z to be more taxing for long riding days. I've been riding my smokers a lot more due to that. Once I saw the first pics, reports and price of the FZ09, well, it's been more than a decade since I've be SO excited about a new bike coming out and I want one BAD.

I'd just like confirmation if anyone can, of the true "wet" weight of the bike. From all indications it seems to be nearly 100 lbs. less than my first generation Z, and I think that would be enough to counter the overt fatigue that the Z gives me compared to say, riding one of my RZ350's or RD400.

Plus, since I've been such a Yamaha 2-stroke junkie for so many years, I also love the idea of finally having a 4 stroke Yamaha!

Hope to have one this summer (if they aren't sold out by then, kind of worried about that possibility with the excellent price).

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
All new users are welcome! Thanks for joining.

I can't confirm the actual wet weight but I believe this is posted on yamaha page and also on Wikipedia (though not sure if it's verified).

Very curious if you pull the trigger on the fz how it compares to the z

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yamaha shaved almost 50 pounds off the FZ8. Yamaha claims 414 pounds wet. New vacuum forge process produces super strong and lightweight frame and swingarm. I think the engine dropped a cylinder and 30 pounds over the FZ8!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum, yes it's fine to be here before you decide on the 09.

I'm coming from a SV650, the 09 feels equally light in the garage and riding, very nimble and light handling.

·
Vendor
2,395 Posts
Welcome to the addiction.
You're too far gone already. Just buy it. :p

But in all seriousness the bike feels low 400ish to me. I'm coming off a VFR800 and SV650. And the bike feels like the light SV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts