Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks:

Just got my bike today! I only was able to put about 25 miles on it but man am I pleased!

:cool:

Daniel

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Its vintage land rover speak. My other hobby/$pit is an old series IIa rover. Sorry I cant keep coming up with new forum names so I just use the same one everywhere. :eek:

D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Two words: Lake Sonoma. Head up there for a ride, it will be well worth your while. I suggest going during the week, the cops are all over the place on weekends.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two words: Lake Sonoma. Head up there for a ride, it will be well worth your while. I suggest going during the week, the cops are all over the place on weekends.
Are you from that area? I grew up just north of Santa Rosa. Definitely some nice roads up that way. Luckily I've got great road right in my own area too. I took the hour plus long way to work today and the bike was great in the twisties, but I must admit I'm really rusty. Been a long time since I've ripped it up so I'm going easy as I get used to this bike.

Daniel

·
Registered
570 Posts
Are you from that area? I grew up just north of Santa Rosa. Definitely some nice roads up that way. Luckily I've got great road right in my own area too. I took the hour plus long way to work today and the bike was great in the twisties, but I must admit I'm really rusty. Been a long time since I've ripped it up so I'm going easy as I get used to this bike.

Daniel
I used to live in Healdsburg, from 2002-2006. One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was moving from there to Wisconsin. I had a 2003 SV650 back then and would go up into the roads around Lake Sonoma on weekdays when no one else was up there, it was like my own private racetrack. Just amazing...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Healdsburg is nice. I always try to stop at Bear Republic Brewing Co when I pass through there. Maybe I'll need to go up there on a ride. I assume the roads you're talkin about are off Dry Creek Rd. I grew up off the River Rd exit in Larkfield. My folks are still there.

Daniel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts