Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine recently purchased a FZ-09.He and I have been riding a long time and both like light and powerful motorcycles.My first street bike was a Kawasaki 1972 triple and my last was a 2010 VFR 1200 DCT.I recently bought a Honda NC700x DCT and although it is a great on fuel it does not thrill. I would like to try the FZ-09.I am curious to see how it compares to my old 2007 Aprilia Tuono naked.I found the site researching the new Yamaha FZ-09.I live in Stuart Fl and grew up in Ft Lauderdale . THX Dana

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Dana, just bought a fz09 and love it,just get one you'll love it to, lot of people say things about the lil glitches that it has ,but are easy to not notice cause of the fun factor the fz gives when riding it, I've ridden a turrno ape at the gap once and yes what a a bike but for bang for a buck$ the fz will be right there......poin

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hello from NE Florida. Here is some food for thought. The FZ-09 weighs about 60 lbs less and makes more than double the HP of your current bike.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Poin,I think the 09 will be awesome fun between your place in Robinsville and the Gap.I am looking for one and glad your enjoying yours. Be Well Dana

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The 09 is a blast, even in Florida. Boynton here represent.
Gateway Blvd has Only seen Your FZ-09 -- otherwise it's a virgin:rolleyes:

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey Dana! I just turned 50 and I can't stop doing wheelies! That should give you some idea of the fun factor. This bike puts a smile on my face every time I ride. The pasta burner might be a touch quicker but not much. The FZ gives you torque off the bottom and then screams on top. It's like the best of both worlds. No regrets.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gotta ride it to appreciate it. It is truly unique in the way it handles. I've ridden other streetfighters and they all feel like sportbikes that just have an upright seating position without fairings. The FZ feels more like a big supermoto than a sportbike. The motor's not too shabby either - I love the linear power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts