Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed this part of the forum and thought I would repost the information I provided in my first post:

My name is Scott Soper and I’ve spent pretty much all of the last 45 years or so involved with motorcycles in one way or another. So you know where I’m coming from, here’s my pertinent background information:

• Riding more than 45 years
• Owned more than 60 motorcycles – over 30 at one time…
• 13 years as an MSF instructor
• 15+ years road racing in the Northwest with a dozen class championships in multiple classes
• Retired from racing (for the LAST time) in 2003 with the OMRRA #4 plate
• 15 years (and counting) as a track day instructor for PSSR, 3 years with 2Fast.
• 20 years experience building championship winning motors
• I also have the distinction of having the most laps on a motorcycle at Portland International Raceway

Oh, and one more thing, the Stoltec flash tunes are developed on the dyno that was originally owned by Wayne Chan of Dynoworks who just happened to be my race team partner which is how I accumulated hundreds, if not thousands of hours of hands-on dyno time.

If you want to follow my FZ-09 performance build please go to:

http://www.fz09.org/forum/14-fz-09-performance/5075-fz-09-superbike-build-begins.html

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome! Im originally from Lacey/Olympia, but ive been in san diego living here and stationed here and loving it, especially the weather, enjoy this bike!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Scott, I didn't know you were from Oly. Know any Furth clan down there? (Originally from Aberdeen/Hoquiam). Just wondering. Welcome...again, G.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott, I didn't know you were from Oly. Know any Furth clan down there? (Originally from Aberdeen/Hoquiam). Just wondering. Welcome...again, G.
Furth... that sounds familiar. Do you have any first names to go with that?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome Scott.....Some day when money and time is available, my gf and I will ride up from San Antonio to Washington (Bucket list).

·
Registered
835 Posts
Howdy Westsiders!

Can't wait to see that superbike build.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts