Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... just registered on the boards and unfortunately I'm not an FZ-09 owner just yet, but I have decided it will be the bike I purchase once I'm ready (hopefully within the next 1-2 months!). I sold my previous and first motorcycle that I had for 6 years last year to a friend when I needed to free up some funds, a 2005 CBR600RR. Loved the bike but I got tired of the riding position beating me up on long rides so I wanted to make sure my next bike had sportbike performance, but with a more comfortable riding position. The FZ-09 fits the bill nicely. I'm excited to get back on 2 wheels! Looking forward to using this board as a resource of information and chatting with good people.

In addition to loving motorcycles, I'm also an avid car guy... my daily is an '11 Civic Si and my weekend/fun car is an '08 S2000 CR. Thanks for putting this community together!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. What part of Ohio?
Cincinnati... Morrow to be exact but most people don't know where that is (north of the city).

·
Registered
957 Posts
Welcome. I'm over in Pittsburgh, next door. Sounds like the FZ is right up your alley, although here's a little disclaimer: Coming off of a purebred supersport, you're going to notice shortcomings in the bike's suspension. You will want to slap a Penske shock on it and upgrade the springs/fork oil, at the very least. Nick over at Stoltec can help you out =)

The FZ is going to be a bit of a departure for you, coming off an all Honda-stable.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Welcome! Daytonite here. There are 4-5 of us in Ohio on the forums that I know of, atm. Congrats on the decision!

also, what Weaponzero said. Also, if the bike has the dunlops on them, swap them out for something better quickly. They're only decent for the summer, not for the cooler temps we get here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is actually my first post on here as well. Since I'm from Ohio too I figured I would finally jump in. I don't believe you will regret getting your FZ09 when you do. I certainly didn't. The bike will help feed your addiction!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome. I'm over in Pittsburgh, next door. Sounds like the FZ is right up your alley, although here's a little disclaimer: Coming off of a purebred supersport, you're going to notice shortcomings in the bike's suspension. You will want to slap a Penske shock on it and upgrade the springs/fork oil, at the very least. Nick over at Stoltec can help you out =)

The FZ is going to be a bit of a departure for you, coming off an all Honda-stable.
I appreciate the feedback, I had heard something like that in a review somewhere also. I'll probably end up doing what you said at some point.

Yeah lol... the only non-Honda I've owned is an '06 STI. No complaints, great car. That aside, I do find myself rooting for Lorenzo and Rossi often :D

Welcome! Daytonite here. There are 4-5 of us in Ohio on the forums that I know of, atm. Congrats on the decision!

also, what Weaponzero said. Also, if the bike has the dunlops on them, swap them out for something better quickly. They're only decent for the summer, not for the cooler temps we get here.
Awesome, thanks man. My old RR always had high performance summers on it so I know the squirmy road feel well!

Welcome to the forum. This is actually my first post on here as well. Since I'm from Ohio too I figured I would finally jump in. I don't believe you will regret getting your FZ09 when you do. I certainly didn't. The bike will help feed your addiction!!
Thanks, I can't wait!

Welcome, you found the right bike.
:cool:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome from another Cincinnatian. Originally from Sharonville but moved up to Monroe a few years ago. You'll love the FZ when you get it. Just try to keep the front tire on the ground. Its a chore, the bike is wheelie prone like a 2 stroke dirtbike...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome, fellow Ohioan. Hopefully your FZ comes into your life sooner rather than later. The weather is just now getting good!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the addiction.
Post some picture of your cars, won't you?
Thanks! Here they are:

Welcome, fellow Ohioan. Hopefully your FZ comes into your life sooner rather than later. The weather is just now getting good!
Tell me about it, it's torture!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts