Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have about 150 miles on my new FZ-09... picked it up around 3 weeks or so ago. I still own my 2005 SV650 and even though I have an emotional attachment to my SV, the FZ is so awesome that I can see my SV might collect some dust. My wife is assuming I'm selling it, but I'm not so sure yet. I figure that I actually saved money having not bought the MV Augusta Brutale that I was eyeing up since the 800 came out. Not only did I not want to dish out that much money, I also rather ride then wait for parts and keep up with the maintenance schedule I heard can be a pain. After reading some threads full of useful information, I had to sign up. I'll be posting some picks over the next few weeks... (SV and FZ) when work slows down! I have a small list of mods I want to do on my FZ but I'm not in a major rush. I want to get comfortable with the bike first not to mention I'm enjoying the bike as is for now.

short list of mods in the future:
- fender eliminator (probably a homemade solution)
- new blinkers (would be nice to have the brake light be blinkers too and the front ones are just too big and they wobble on the bumps)
- front suspension (details TBD- probably springs and oil for now)
- better/louder exhaust (I'm missing the rumble of the SV650!)
- maybe new levers and lower handlebars (I'm used to being a little lower up front)

Looking forward to reading more about the FZ!;)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The FZ kicks ass compared to the Suzuki... I traded bikes with my girlfriend for a short trip just to compare, and lets just say that the FZ-09 spoils me. Amazing how much less "effort" it takes to ride and steer it. But I admit, I'm fond of the SV650 too

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome where in NJ are you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Also from Central NJ.
I will be purchasing in the spring after I sell 2 other bikes.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
What was your handle on SV Rider? I too just converted from an SV650 to an FZ. I'm in Morris County, NJ.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey all, I fell off the forum for a few months due to (insert lame excuse here). Apologies and thanks for all your replies. I'm still figuring out this forum thing and usually stick to reading others posts and learning because I'm not on it often. My handle on sv rider is/was kevsv but I did not interact much on it at all except for reading and learning.

600-ish miles on fz so far.

beck: I currently live in Morris county area but grew up in Sussex county NJ.

Yeah stellmon, I couldn't agree with you more about the sv/fz comparison... It's a major difference! I still have the vs and my buddy has a license but no bike so he and I go out and trade bikes mid ride... It wasn't long before I didn't want to trade anymore yet like having the sv in my garage. My wife is right... Sv needs to go for sale. I can upgrade the fz exhaust and get my preferred sound back.

Eolith; will do, need to figure out how to do that! Lol

DNFOUG; I totally agree! It was a great community (sv) and following. I was considering on converting my SV into a custom cafe racer style (ie; http://classifiedmoto.com) but free time is in short supply and I really need to focus on my fz.

Again, lame delayed on my part (embarrassing)!

Ps: I took next Wednesday 6/18 for garlic run meeting at the rockaway mall (https://www.facebook.com/garlicrun). A few of riders in our group. Any takers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Right on, I'm in Morris county as well. Let's ride!

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I took tomorrow off for the Garlic Run but it may rain BOO. I live in Denville, you? i can ride on the weekends but I need a couple days notice.

BTW, how do i know when someone replied to threads i am on? my email or phone didn't let me know anyone replied to me. is it a setting?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bennyblanco… that sounds great actually but my wife would never ride. now that we have a kid, she said she won't even get on the bike… both parents on the same bike worries her… and so do bugs and bears and … lol i'm fine with that but i may have to buy her silence about the sv. LOL

·
Registered
124 Posts
bennyblanco… that sounds great actually but my wife would never ride. now that we have a kid, she said she won't even get on the bike… both parents on the same bike worries her… and so do bugs and bears and … lol i'm fine with that but i may have to buy her silence about the sv. LOL
At least she let you ride and your getting some time out for yourself ..win win!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts