Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from cold, snowy Fargo, North Dakota.

Just picked up my FZ-09 this past weekend. Blazing Orange. First one received/sold at the local dealership (not many people in this area that are buying motorcycles in the winter, just snowmobiles and ATVs). I'm the first person to pick one up in the area, and possibly the state. It's going to be a long wait for the snow and ice to melt but that's just the weather here.

I'm coming from a ninja 250. Decided to start riding motorcycles last year. Took the MSF class, bought my 250, and then spent all my free time riding and learning. Half the thrill was the challenge of learning and continuing to learn something new every time I set out for a trip. The FZ-09 is a big step up from a 250 but I'm ready for the challenge and feel responsible enough to take it easy.

There isn't anything resembling twisties near here, or hills for that matter. I just love to get out in the country where all you can see is farm land for miles. I like my 250, but it just can't push my 6'4" 185lb self in the wind down a highway.

I was originally looking into the FZ-09 and really liked the Liquid Graphite color. Walked into the dealership and saw the Blazing Orange and instantly knew that's the one I wanted. The orange looks much better in real life than any photo I've seen of it. I didn't get much of a chance to take photos of it before putting it in storage. I'll wait for a day that we get some sun to do that.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Welcome to the forum, ride safe

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome and congrats! You're gonna have a blast on that bike! Looking forward to a picture. Ride safe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome from slightly warmer, snowy South Dakota. Ive been staring at my new, unridden FZ-09 for over a month now:-( You are correct about the orange color, I thought it looked cheap in pictures and it was my least favorite but after seeing it in person I would have picked orange first (if not for the dealer letting me swap the graphite's blurple wheels onto my red one). Hope you (and I) get to ride fairly soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts