Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm 39 and currently a displaced rider looking to get back to riding and intrigued by the Yamaha. My preference is for older bikes which I currently have 2 '75 Honda CB 400f in restoration process and 2 Honda Hawk GTs 1 for racing and other for parts that needs to be rebuilt. Looking for something fun and able to ride 2 up and this reminds of my Hawks. Great site by the way.

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Welcome to the cult...
You'll definitely want to consider some mods to make this 2 up worth (seat and suspension).
My wife was cussing me out after the first 10 minutes on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Quite different from a Hawk GT actually. I rode mine today, and after riding the FZ-09, the Hawk feels cramped (short seat-to-peg distance) and under-powered. But, even after replacing the FZ-09 shock with a Penske, and the fork springs (heavier) and fork oil (7.5wt)- the 25 year-old Hawk feels more planted through turns. I always thought that the Hawk had great torque, but it pales next to the FZ. Keep the Hawks, but get the FZ too!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm 56, my first street bike was a red '76 CB400F, a very sweet bike. If I had been riding at the time that the Hawk GT was on the market I'd probably had one of those too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts