Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. There are a few reasons for my interest in the FZ09. I currently own a (3) cylinder motorcycle and really like it (2007
Triumph Rocket III Classic Tourer). It is my second (First, was a 2008 Triumph Sprint ST).

I have been looking at the Ducati Hyperstrada and Yamaha FZ8 as potential future possibilities. I want to go mid range in power and performance again.

My other bike is currently a 2005 Suzuki DR650SE that I use as an all weather work commuter. It is adequate, but lacking at times.

The Rocket is a fine handling machine, but I am getting older and want to downsize.

The FZ09 is light (414 pounds), powerful (115 HP), a hypermotard ?, (3) cylinder, gets good gas mileage ?, and is reasonably affordable.

Yamaha gained my interest this year with the 2014 Yamaha Star Bolt. Now this bike. I will be honest, the headlight blows for me. I also need to have some soft panniers mounted for work and short trips.

Nice forum, thanks and keep up the good work.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Hello Alan, and welcome to the FZ beeb. Indy huh....that's where they have those MotoGP races every year. Come on in and hang with us if you like, most of us kind of like motorcycles too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts