Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Another fz09 owner. Blazin orange, however will be getting wrapped soon. 400 miles just now and loving it. Here's a recent pic with my $8 fender eliminator. $8 was the led light. Anyways. What's up!

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ.

·
Vendor
2,395 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!

1. Don't leave us hanging on the wrap - what you thinking?
2. How close does the plate get to the rear tire under force?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see more "new" members on here.

I'm curious about the vinyl wrap.... Cool idea. What color and where are you having it done?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome fellow FZ owner!! I like that fender "chop" you did. What abou the blinkers though? Are you running blinker free?

·
Registered
59 Posts
welcome. I'm in snellville, ga

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from down the road in Columbus!
-eddie

PS: I'd seriously reconsider the license plate angle and the rear tire. I've seen a lot of mangled tags from similar setups.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't you dare cover up that orange paint! T'would be a shame! Really, do what you want, it's your bike. Enjoy it, i was a cruiser guy until this little bike converted me. Tons of fun on a bun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the addiction!

1. Don't leave us hanging on the wrap - what you thinking?
2. How close does the plate get to the rear tire under force?
For the vinyl wrap im thinking 3M 1080-M21 or 3M 1080 - Matte Dark Grey M261. Not sure how close it is under load, however I have considered bending it upright a tad. Still breaking her in so she hasnt had too much load put on her.

Yes, welcome and what's up with the vinyl wrap?
Welcome! Glad to see more "new" members on here.

I'm curious about the vinyl wrap.... Cool idea. What color and where are you having it done?
I would be doing the install, I've worked with vinyl in the past and feel confident I could just as good of a job.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts