Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Greetings from Brisbane, Australia. Great forum you have here. Picked up the new machine 2 weeks ago and loving it!

Cheers
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome from Vic, I love the new colour schemes.
Any mods on the cards?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new MT/FZ.......so you guys are in the middle of summer down there huh! It's not very warm up here in the Northern Hemisphere in some places.......probably Florida and the southwest are the exceptions.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Welcome from Packerland Wisconsin. -28 degree wind chill this morning.

Enjoy your summer with your beautiful new 9! Less than 10 miles on mine, so I'm counting the days to warmer weather.

Cheers!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Foz,

Just done Yami LED's, tail tidy (minus extension) and screen.

Might get the Akra exhaust at 1,000 km service - which should be next week!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new MT/FZ.......so you guys are in the middle of summer down there huh! It's not very warm up here in the Northern Hemisphere in some places.......probably Florida and the southwest are the exceptions.
Yep, pretty warm mate. I'm actually looking forward to our winter - much better for riding here in full gear!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome mate great looking bike, which dealer did you get it from?
Thanks Kev,

Got it from Northstar at Bowen Hills - good service.

I had one of your O2 controllers on my MT03 - might have to try one on the 09

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from Packerland Wisconsin. -28 degree wind chill this morning.

Enjoy your summer with your beautiful new 9! Less than 10 miles on mine, so I'm counting the days to warmer weather.

Cheers!

Thanks Tigershark, bummer - the wait would kill me! I guess we have it pretty good here with our mild winters

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Welcome, Oz.
I was thinking about deep armour to replace my crashed race blu, but gold forks aren't my thing. And I got my carbon akra from motovation usa, from Texas to Sydney in 4 days.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome, Oz.
I was thinking about deep armour to replace my crashed race blu, but gold forks aren't my thing. And I got my carbon akra from motovation usa, from Texas to Sydney in 4 days.
Thanks Keef,

Did you have to pay customs tax on the Akra?

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Nah, it was under a grand, they price matched Indy superbikes, I think it was $830 us delivered.
Maybe send a pm to Marthy, he said he had a lightly used one up for grabs in another thread.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Very nice, if this colour had been released in `14, this is what I would've chosen. :) The gold forks set off the whole colour scheme quite well.
I just saw one at a dealer. I changed my mind, colour scheme is great. Differ t to what I normallylike,but very sexy.
I'll still be happy with my replacement race blu, but the deep armour looks great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts