Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting down a deposit a month ago and then having the salesman call a couple weeks ago saying all orders for the FZ09 were cancelled and they wouldn't be getting any until 2015 she finally came in yesterday. The salesman called back in a few minutes to say since I had a deposit down it was still coming in. I have to say after putting a few miles on the mirrors suck. I like to be able to see behind me and can't with these mirrors. And Yamaha could have made the storage box under the seat a half an inch bigger so the tool kit would fit better. They fit fine (diagonally) out of the pouch but the pouch adds a little too much to the length. Other than that so far it has been a blast. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Edit: I did pick up the fastest color!

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike, even if it is the slower one of the three. The tool pouch actually is rubber-banded to the bottom of the seat pan.....at least it's suppose to be......one of those 3/4" wide rubber band thingys.

Actually, you are the first one that I've heard complain about the mirrors, as far as funcionality. Lot's of guys have replaced them, but as far as I know, more for looks than anything.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nah, a lot of people don't like the visibility of the mirrors. I mainly don't like that mine won't stay put. But I do think they look better as bar ends too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is an extra band in the pouch but I thought it was an extra for the battery. I will have to check that out then.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Nope, it's for the tool pouch to be attached to the bottom of the seat. That frees up a little bit of room in the storage area.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nah, a lot of people don't like the visibility of the mirrors. I mainly don't like that mine won't stay put. But I do think they look better as bar ends too.
I like the mirrors. It is easy to see what is happening behind me. I don't understand why you are having trouble with them changing positions. Today's mirrors are light-years better than they used to be. I've owned several motorcycles that vibrated so much all you could see was a blur. That's when I developed a habit of looking over my shoulder frequently.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Good job on choosing the fastest color. I do like the mirrors though

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I'm from Columbus as well. Maybe I'll see you zipping by sometime.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Colour, shmolour... welcome! The mirrors take a bit of getting used to because of their shape. Try tweaking them so the pointed end gives you a view of about level or slightly lower, then adjust from there for your preference. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Graphite is the fastest color - the others are just being racist. LOL Congrats on the Bike!!!! I have to say the mirrors (visibility wise is better than the R1) but then again I am not looking behind me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome to the boards and great color choice! I'm just south of you in Cincinnati. Ride safe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts