Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newb from Chicago. Have some riding experience on dirt riding with inlaws and last summer wanted to see about riding on the street and took the motorcycle safety course, passing and getting my m endorsement. I tend to be a bit more reserved and over cautious during my time riding. I have been looking around at bikes and can't find anything comfortable that I really like. I'm not too picky just have one big concern, power. I'm 6' fat... Err flat and about 315. I've considered a ninja or cbr 250 but the size/power might not be enough for my big ass. As far as comfort goes, I haven't tried an fz-09 but the two bikes I've found comfy are the bolt and the fz8. Just looking for some advice.... As to where I will be riding will mostly be two lane highways as I've seen too many people eat the back of a car on the tollway when traffic decides to stop and run under 20mph. Any and all advice welcome. I know I'm guaranteed to hear don't go so big, and I have a couple buddies who started on R1s and said they're glad they didn't start smaller. Also, I'll probably looking at buying in June at the earliest.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
You will have to upgrade the suspension, fork springs and shock for anything over 160 lbs. The bike is super mushy for my 186 lb. weight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm 6'1" and 250lbs and I love mine. I definitely don't ride it to it's full potential, but for how I use it in the city, it seems perfect. No complaints here. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts