Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this bike early this year. Love it. Had a bunch of other bikes. All different kinds from R1 to Hardleys. This by far is the one most suited to me. The riding position is good for my back. I don't mind the shortcomings. In fact I like the challenge of trying to be as smooth as possible. The suspension eh not so much, but I don't track and there aren't too many twisty roads around. Do love the on ramps and off ramps though.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Get as much riding as you can B4 winter rolls in. That's the opposite of So Florida -- We suffer through the summer with 90+ degrees with 70-80% humidity. Enjoy the Summer/Fall Season on the FZ and let us know what's napping up there :cool:

BTW, which color FZ did you buy...???? Or did you get the graphite ???

Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
511 Posts
Glad you could join us. I agree with the " by far " comment. It's my twentieth bike and probably my favorite. I can see myself keeping this one for a long time. My back is OK with it, too, and that's pretty important. Did about 100 miles today in the foothills above Boulder. Awesome ride, good temperature, good company, good times. Welcome aboard, post a pic of you bike when you get a chance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the addiction and best forum ever!!!
I took a 300 km ride both Sat and Sunday and have racked up 7000 miles since April and I can't stop grinning.
Did some twisties both days and even on bumpy and sandy pavement with curves I was doing great!
I agree that learning to be smooth on this bike is everything and will make it more fun...I recommend doing a lot of 2 up riding, as my gf loves it and now that i showed her how to ride really close to me the bike is so fun even 2 up where u must ride smoothly or front lifts or forks bottom (winter project: Stoltec front and rear + powercommander!)

Anyway yesterday I lofted the front off a few steep up down sections and what a hoot!!! bike loves to wheelie!!!

Enjoy, hope you got the best colour: Blazing Orange !!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The Best color might be orange, but The Fastest Color is Red :cool:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Get as much riding as you can B4 winter rolls in. That's the opposite of So Florida -- We suffer through the summer with 90+ degrees with 70-80% humidity. Enjoy the Summer/Fall Season on the FZ and let us know what's napping up there :cool:

BTW, which color FZ did you buy...???? Or did you get the graphite ???

lol....

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ...you're gonna love it!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome!

What parts of of central IL ya from? I moved from there a few years back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. I live in Dunlap just north of Peoria. Lots of corn and soybeans and not much else. Bought the Blazing Orange. Had to be different. Never buying another red vehicle. Last one I had, a car, got hit seven times. None of which were my fault. So, that is definitely not a trend I want to repeat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts