Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and gals), I have been mostly lurking and learning here for a bit (learning a lot from this awesome community), but wanted to introduce myself. I just physically got my FZ-09 last Thursday and love it!! It's been asking way coming. I upgraded from an FZ6R, and recognize some of you from the other forums.

I had been reading about this bike since about mid-last year and had been trying to see it in person since October, with no luck. Basically every bike has gone from crate to customer, skipping the showroom floor. At one point I had deposits down at 7 different dealerships. Finally, a few weeks ago, I found one down in Long Beach (6 hours away in SoCal). I pulled the trigger quick! I gotta say that it is strange buying a vehicle without seeing or sitting on it. I went down there the following weekend to sign the paperwork and take her for a short ride. About a week and a half later my FZ arrived at my house!

I spent this last weekend breaking the engine in and doing some mods... Removing the obnoxious warning label from the tank, Woodcraft frame sliders (from Stoltec) and spools, Graves fender eliminator, and changed the oil after 30 miles. Next on the list are ECU flash from Nick at Stoltec, seat concepts replacement seat.... exhaust.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the wealth of information here. You guys are great.

Ok, sorry this is long, but one last pic (glamour shot) from my 100 mile Sunday ride in the Oakland/Berkeley hills:

-Rich

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Welcome!

If you need some help working on the bike or going for a ride, let me know. I am in San Jose.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!
Niner, total addiction, I agree. My pockets are getting so much lighter.
Moto, I will prolly take you up on that. It would be nice to see another fz around :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks orange. I did the opposite. I grew up in socal and have been in the bay area for 17 years. Where in socal are you?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks guys!
Niner, total addiction, I agree. My pockets are getting so much lighter.
Moto, I will prolly take you up on that. It would be nice to see another fz around :)
Me too, Ricoo. I'm in San Jose also. I met up with Motomania once. We still haven't gotten a ride in tho.
If anybody's interested I am planning on running up to SF, for lunch on Sunday. No game plan, just cruising. (weather permitting) Got some good rain today.

@Moto, I've been keeping an eye out for you on 87 but no luck :) give me a buzz when you're free. A ride, lunch or some wrenching are all in order!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey guys (and gals), I have been mostly lurking and learning here for a bit (learning a lot from this awesome community), but wanted to introduce myself. I just physically got my FZ-09 last Thursday and love it!! It's been asking way coming. I upgraded from an FZ6R, and recognize some of you from the other forums.

I had been reading about this bike since about mid-last year and had been trying to see it in person since October, with no luck. Basically every bike has gone from crate to customer, skipping the showroom floor. At one point I had deposits down at 7 different dealerships. Finally, a few weeks ago, I found one down in Long Beach (6 hours away in SoCal). I pulled the trigger quick! I gotta say that it is strange buying a vehicle without seeing or sitting on it. I went down there the following weekend to sign the paperwork and take her for a short ride. About a week and a half later my FZ arrived at my house!

I spent this last weekend breaking the engine in and doing some mods... Removing the obnoxious warning label from the tank, Woodcraft frame sliders (from Stoltec) and spools, Graves fender eliminator, and changed the oil after 30 miles. Next on the list are ECU flash from Nick at Stoltec, seat concepts replacement seat.... exhaust.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the wealth of information here. You guys are great.

Ok, sorry this is long, but one last pic (glamour shot) from my 100 mile Sunday ride in the Oakland/Berkeley hills:

-Rich
Lets meet halfway brother! Im in sacramento!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey 3ofakind, a ride sounds great, but this weekend will be tough for me. I'll be in Vegas (ahh yeah!). Another weekend would be cool though, let me know

·
Registered
75 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1396151437981.jpg

I'm always in the Berkeley hills.
We all need to set up a bay area fz meet pleeeeaaase!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts