Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new owner of a 2015 matte silver FZ09. I am currently based in Austin, TX.

About me:

I am a new rider in US even though I rode around for 10 years in my home country, mostly on sub 500cc motorcycles.

Looking forward to learn a lot from you guys.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
welcome! Lot of great info here - what's on tap for mods?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am planning a two brothers full exhaust after about 600 miles. I might consider T-Rex engine protector and fender eliminator kit later on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need a coffee? I suggest Kick Butt Coffee Music and Booze - Austin, TX I shop at specs and panda express across the street. You have rot rally in that city which should be a good time, a formula one track and year round riding weather. Hello.
I have never been to Kick Butt Coffee, even though I am not very far from that area and it sounds like a fun place. :cool:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm an Austin native. If you want to tune your suspension with some tight twisties - then check out Lime Creek Road. FM 1431 / Park Road 6 out to Lake LBJ is a nice ride too.

The headlight beams are spaced very far apart. I'd suggest setting the high beam to where you want it - and then only use low beam during the day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tip.

I am yet to ride at night since I am waiting for my full gear to arrive. I will probably adjust the high beam this weekend if not raining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts