Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think these are the tires I want to mount this spring. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Heidenau K73 Supermoto Motorcycle Tire

·
Registered
670 Posts
While they will be much better on the dirt you might find them squirrelly on the road. They are bias play tires - not radials. Keep that compromise in mind. I've got Heidenau K63 Scouts on my Triumph Tiger 800 XC. They stick like velcro on dirt. Just OK on the road.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think these are the tires I want to mount this spring. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Heidenau K73 Supermoto Motorcycle Tire
I was going to install these, on my Versys last year. After talking to the Rep. at the Orlando show, I passed.
These reminded me of the Pirelli MT60's which I would burn-up in 2,500 miles or less, on my big bore motard. They worked great, but simply did not last.
Some guys have installed Dunlap D616?...something about that tread pattern that I have always liked.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While they will be much better on the dirt you might find them squirrelly on the road. They are bias play tires - not radials. Keep that compromise in mind. I've got Heidenau K63 Scouts on my Triumph Tiger 800 XC. They stick like velcro on dirt. Just OK on the road.
I've never had radials on a motorcycle and I don't push hard on the street so I doubt I'll notice any difference.

I was going to install these, on my Versys last year. After talking to the Rep. at the Orlando show, I passed.
These reminded me of the Pirelli MT60's which I would burn-up in 2,500 miles or less, on my big bore motard. They worked great, but simply did not last.
Some guys have installed Dunlap D616?...something about that tread pattern that I have always liked.
There aren't many choices for 17" dual-sport tires. My other option in TKC80s. I've had them before and liked them as a 50/50 tire.

·
Registered
98 Posts
the weather allowed me a window to ride yesterday and I still am impressed with the off-road feel of the
conti-trail attack 2's (see post this forum) and great road feel, Those tires do look like the pirelli Mt-60's
which I had on a KTM supermoto and they wore out very fast.
Rick

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
What sizes are you looking for and for what bike? The 09???

I have a set of Heidenau K60 Scout's on my Suzuki DR650SE, so far they are working great as a 50/50 dual sport tire. They work great on the pavement and in the dirt. I also installed some Ride-On tire sealant/dynamic balancer and can't say enough good things about it. Tires run great with zero vibration at any speed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still am impressed with the off-road feel of the conti-trail attack 2's
What size rear tire did you get?

What sizes are you looking for and for what bike? The 09???

I have a set of Heidenau K60 Scout's on my Suzuki DR650SE, so far they are working great as a 50/50 dual sport tire. They work great on the pavement and in the dirt. I also installed some Ride-On tire sealant/dynamic balancer and can't say enough good things about it. Tires run great with zero vibration at any speed.
Yup - the FZ-09. I ran K60s on my KTM 950 ADV and loved them. They don't make a K60 to fit the FZ.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many of you guys actually take the fz off road??
Me! I bought mine at the end of the year. I still only have 300 miles on it. But I will take it on gravel roads and very mild off-road. I did a couple of gravel roads last fall and that I used to ride and sketch puts it mildly hence the need for new tires.

I miss my KTMs (450 & 950) and the guys I ride with (see DAMN Riders - No rules, Just ride! ? Index page) do lots of easy rides. I won't do single-track but will be doing the Shenandoah 500 (2015 Shenandoah 500 Dual Sport | 2015 Dirt Bike Races/Rides) if I run out of racing funds and can't take my sidecar to the Barber Vintage Festival.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts