Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this has already been covered, I searched the forum but didn't find anything on this topic...

I finally got to see an FZ-09 (graphite) in the flesh this morning. Dealers in my area (south-central WI) just started getting bikes in stock. Very nice, great level of fit and finish for the price. I love the light, narrow feeling of the bike and was amazed at how much legroom there is. But I was surprised to see that my heels hit the passenger pegs when I put the balls of my feet on the rider pegs. That's how I normally ride (unless I'm on a long freeway slog, then I move my feet forward and get my heels closer to the rider pegs). I don't have particularly huge feet (size 11 shoes, size 45 Alpinestars S-MX 5 boots), so I'm kind of disappointed at how much interference there is. The passenger pegs aren't just slightly touching my heels, they are in solid contact with them.

I'd definitely have to remove the pegs (no big deal, I would probably do that anyway), but it seems like an odd oversight by Yamaha...

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Too compact for a passenger bike, so I put R&G block off plates and tossed the passenger pegs, which I do for all of my bikes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Too compact for a passenger bike, so I put R&G block off plates and tossed the passenger pegs, which I do for all of my bikes.

i was wondering how a passenger would work out on this bike, i do have a 'friend' i would like to take on rides occasionally ...... as long as you dont think something like this could happen ( go to 5:30 in the video ;) )

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well I use hi vis gear , and have my fingers and foot ready most of the time , always ride like there out to get u.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
The dreaded left hand turn leaves most riders helpless. I have been on the scene of two accidents where the crash proved fatal to the female passengers. Both times the girls had loosened their chin straps. To witness these at a very young age had an immense impact on me concerning carrying a person on the back. People have no idea what the responsibility is. My life is one thing, having the care of another person is another thing entirely.

My wife rides her own bike.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The wife will only ride the yami 80 around the field may hit 2nd gear . We have 40 acres and other back places to ride . But we do travel the country on the wing

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Watched the whole video, yikes! In most of the cases that weren't totally the rider's fault it looked like they should have been going slower etc to be prepared for idiots in cars.

About a passenger on a 09, I'd want something solid at the rear of the seat, a low backrest etc. That seat strap seems like a near-joke.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
734 Posts
We were in deadwood sd with our super neon green shirts on , boy did we get the comments, until we told them we were on a bike . Then they said great idea we cant see them . I have many hit the brakes as they realize it a neon biker. No can't fix it all but helps.
we saw a biker rally , there theim was see bikes ,,,,,, but evey one was in black ??????

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah this bike is not made for two it works okay for around town, nut it completely throws off the feel of the bike. I'm pushing my wife to get her own so we can just ride two bikes around town. Still better on gas and much safer.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Watched the whole video, yikes! In most of the cases that weren't totally the rider's fault it looked like they should have been going slower etc to be prepared for idiots in cars.

About a passenger on a 09, I'd want something solid at the rear of the seat, a low backrest etc. That seat strap seems like a near-joke.
The passenger area is sized perfectly for my 6 year old. I've got the Yamaha rear carrier on it's way from Canada, and the top case and backrest as soon as they are released. It's not the best looking case - but it's the only one I can plop onto the carrier without an adapter plate... They had a few carriers in stock at www.yamahagenuineparts.com
Bicycle part Motorcycle accessories Helmet Outdoor grill Auto part Automotive mirror Automotive side-view mirror Rectangle

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've been eyeing those R&G block off plates, but just haven't been able to bring myself to pay $100 bucks for them. If they were $50, I would have ordered them already... maaaaybe even $75... but $100 just feels ridiculous to me. Plus they come with a giant "R&G" painted on them (looks like you painted yours though), and I don't want to turn my bike into a Moto-GP bike covered in company logos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts