Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing someone post some pics of some heavy duty zip ties/cable ties/tie wraps that they had used in place of the metal band clamp to hold the remote shock reservoir in place.

I can not seem to find that post at all after several searches and was wondering if any one could point me to it, or where I may be able to purchase some as I have been unable to find any locally.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Any hardware store, Home Depot, Lowes, etc should have them, um in the electrical section I think. Just get some of the larger ones, mine are rated to 75 pounds. While you are at it get several sizes of zip ties, handy to have around.

I think Stoltec has plans to sell black anodized clamps for the reservoir.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You don't need the "handcuff" size of zip tie to hold a remote reservoir. Most everybody uses two of the 12" LONG...ONE EIGHTH inch wide zip ties to do the job. I have them on my Ohlins.....and never had one break.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
OSH sells them in the electrical dept and sells them in pairs in the dryer duct area.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Reactions: DreamFZ and v2Bob

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts

Just mounted this last week and will let it sit out in the sun a bit. If all looks well in a few weeks, these will be be the new standard clamp. If you orient the screw properly, all slack and screw are hidden from view.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts