Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put heated grips on there fz-09 yet ? I have them on my 2004 VFR that I am selling to get a new FZ .I am hooked on them now after haveing them on my VFR .Rideing in the upper 30s is common here in my AM commute.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Riding the FZ in the 30s I found a strong desire for handguards as well. Even with winter gloves and the Oxford grips at 100% I still had cold (not frozen) fingers after 30 miles in the low 30s. After adding handguards I don't go up to 100% other than to initially get the grips heated up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Riding the FZ in the 30s I found a strong desire for handguards as well. Even with winter gloves and the Oxford grips at 100% I still had cold (not frozen) fingers after 30 miles in the low 30s. After adding handguards I don't go up to 100% other than to initially get the grips heated up.
Which hand guards did you purchase?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have the V7 oxford heated grips, Barkbusters Storm handguards and VentureHeat heated gloves.
This set up saw me through temperature below 20F during the dreadful polar vortex in NY!
I started with barkbusters and grips- but those weren't enough with the best winter gloves. Heated gloves were essential to keep finger tips warm-ish and the handguards do keep direct rush of cold air on the hands. And the oxford grips- they are excellent!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts