Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
2014 FZ-09 here. 2nd owner, have put ~4k miles on it in the 8mths I've had it. Un-flashed ECU, stock exhaust, untouched in the powerplant department other than basic maintenance. Motul 7100 oil, standard Yamaha coolant, nothing remarkable circulating through the engine.

I've never had any inklings of "this thing seems kind of hot" creep into my mind from anywhere on the bike at anytime. I'd say probably 2/3 of my riding is in the metro area, so I certainly see engine temps climb into the 200s, yet never feel any discomfort.

And at a stoplight, I typically have my left foot up on the peg. I've always double-socked, worn an over the ankle riding boot of some sort (currently AStars SMX-1R perfs - love em), and jeans. I suppose if I were wearing just lowcut socks, tennis shoes, shorts then maybe I'd feel a little more heat?

But I can say without a doubt that I've not experienced what you're describing.

·
Registered
'16 FZ09, Blue
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
2014 FZ-09 here. 2nd owner, have put ~4k miles on it in the 8mths I've had it. Un-flashed ECU, stock exhaust, untouched in the powerplant department other than basic maintenance. Motul 7100 oil, standard Yamaha coolant, nothing remarkable circulating through the engine.

I've never had any inklings of "this thing seems kind of hot" creep into my mind from anywhere on the bike at anytime. I'd say probably 2/3 of my riding is in the metro area, so I certainly see engine temps climb into the 200s, yet never feel any discomfort.

And at a stoplight, I typically have my left foot up on the peg. I've always double-socked, worn an over the ankle riding boot of some sort (currently AStars SMX-1R perfs - love em), and jeans. I suppose if I were wearing just lowcut socks, tennis shoes, shorts then maybe I'd feel a little more heat?

But I can say without a doubt that I've not experienced what you're describing.
Thanks for your thoughts on your "heat" experience. It's interesting, like you all stock and I wear ATGATT including riding pants over regular pants and astars riding boots. IDK. It's been quite a discussion on here about it and most share your experience. I have appreciated everyones input and I guess I'll try to pay more attention and see if my situation is unique or maybe something else is going on, we'll see.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts