Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed one of these on their 09's? Seem pretty straight forward but I would definitely either Souder or mend the RPM wires together.

HealTech CFMoto 150NK 14-15 Shift Light Pro - Sportbike Track Gear

Trouble is, which is the RPM wire lead out of the Tachometer?

I am not pulling the trigger on this yet, just wanted to see if anyone has tried this before.

Yes...I looked in the service manual, however the (digital) image is so pixelated its hard to discern which color the wire is.

Also...spare me the "just learn when to shift" speal. Heard it, got it. Not sure if the 2021's have an SL but I know the MT-10's did.

• Haha
Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hehe.. sparing the “stop bouncing on the rev limiter”.

Let me know which way you end up going. I might add one myself later.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Has anyone installed one of these on their 09's? Seem pretty straight forward but I would definitely either Souder or mend the RPM wires together.

View attachment 166135

I am not pulling the trigger on this yet, just wanted to see if anyone has tried this before.

Yes...I looked in the service manual, however the (digital) image is so pixelated its hard to discern which color the wire is.

Also...spare me the "just learn when to shift" speal. Heard it, got it. Not sure if the 2021's have an SL but I know the MT-10's did.
I dont use this particular one ,but the shift light I use picks up rpm by reading signal from 1 coil

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont use this particular one ,but the shift light I use picks up rpm by reading signal from 1 coil
Which one did you use? Install yourself or somewhere install for you? And where did you mount?

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,212 Posts

View attachment 166135

I have an MT 10 and never saw / noticed a shift light. Where is it supposed to be? Honestly, the bike makes so much torque that it doesn't seem to matter much where you shift. I can start from a dead stop in 3rd gear (accidentally). I'm sure on the track you want to get your shift points as tight as possible.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's a white LED on the MT-10. I don't have mine anymore, but I set the shift light at 10 grand, since you didn't really need to wind it out to redline, as you pointed out. It's on a 'special' menu, where you also adjust dash brightness, shift light intensity, shift light rpm, and shift light kind (solid, or flashing). Read the manual :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts