Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting for my order from Clearwater to arrive and do not yet have the service manual. Does anybody know the locations of the headlight power relay and the hi low relay. I am assuming this bike has both as it's like my FJR and the headlights don't come on until the engine starts.I spent yesterday making the factory GPS mount more user friendly so I could transfer my Zumo over from the FJR using a Ram ball and cigarette lighter power socket. Thanks Jeff

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
It looks to me like it's on the left side of the bike (clutch lever side) and possibly in the fake air scoop area.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It looks to me like it's on the left side of the bike (clutch lever side) and possibly in the fake air scoop area.
I just had both my fake scoops off yesterday, the fuse box is in the right hand side, so I would assume the relays are in there as well.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just in case you don't know about it, there's a fused, key-on accessory line with a connector that is capped off sitting on the right side of the gas tank behind the RH air scoop thingie.

That's what I tapped into to power my Zumo....

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
the headlight doesn't come on until the engine starts (the flash to pass button will still turn the high beam on when the engine's off), but there is only one headlight relay - no hi/lo. the relay's under the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts