Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonna see if I can be his test case ;P

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So, I removed the headlight assembly yesterday and shipped it off.

Here is what bike looks like now, lol.

When the work is done, I will update this post and the vendor forum with the information in case anyone else wants to do it. I will also tidy this up more for everyone.

I uploaded a bunch more pictures in one of my photo albums here...

http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/members/309-albums22.html

Overall, it was an easy process. Took about 30 minutes. The only tools you need are two allen wrenches. The most PITA part was removing the electrical connectors from one another. I must be autistic at doing those b/c I really struggled with a few, lol.

If you look at the following picture, where the bolts with the red lines are(not the starred ones)..that whole top piece is plastic and had cracks at the holes where the bolts went there on three of them. Someone must have tightened the ish out of them! lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think i will def follow suite as soon as a get one. haha Your going to have the best lookin bike out there until everyone else sees how awesome it looks and how well it works and does the same. Is my jealousy showing??

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think i will def follow suite as soon as a get one. haha Your going to have the best lookin bike out there until everyone else sees how awesome it looks and how well it works and does the same. Is my jealousy showing??
It is all good :) I just hope it doesn't mystify oncoming traffic into my lane on two lane roads, lol

I don't know what is worse...not having the bike or having one in the garage you can't ride, lol

Reactions: eolith

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this works out. Essentially he's going to be looking it over, coming up with some options?
He asked me if I wanted something standard or jazzy. I told him jazzy of course! Lol.

He had an idea of what he could do with it already, but he asked for measurements. I sent him pics and stuff so he should be set to go as soon as it gets there.

Reactions: eolith

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really hope we get good before/after light emission photos
I didn't think to take any before, but maybe someone else can post some in total darkness.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Man, my ears have really been burning.... Thanks for all the kind words guys. I am looking forward to tearing into the new headlight. I think space comes at a premium on this bike, so I can't wait to see what kind of room I will be working with here.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks, Rabbitman, for being our first resident modder! Can we get an idea of the price ranges on this?
Haha, my wife makes fun of me all the time. I can't seem to leave anything alone. From bikes to cars, to R/C's to guns, I have to mod. But that is just who I am.

Prices are really subjective based on options selected. Most people want an angel eye, or some form of accessory lighting. That of course raises the cost. But if you want some examples, I can do that.

The basic retrofit, with up to 1 color, and just standard parts is about $300. Add an angel eye, and that is around $350. Add a few strips, or other accessory lighting and you are talking around $425. Like I said, it really is dependent on options. Best thing is to contact me and I can give you a detailed quote.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thank you, that's fine. I needed a rough idea to gauge what to budget for, as this would be a purely "luxury" expense. Thanks!
This is more than looks. It is aesthetic, and functional. Once you see the output, you would be amazed at the improvement in visibility at night.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts