Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who finds the high beam indicator really annoying? I know it has to be seen in the daylight, but it is so intense at night... virtually screaming "look at me!!!!" I might have to break out the electrical tape, unless I can find some durable stick-on tint.... any ideas? (besides "don't use it" :p )

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm not reading your mail Mothy..
soo is it too bright, or not bright enough?

I was going to do a 35 or 55 hid kit, but I think i'll simply stick to the stock set up and ride around town, during the day with the high beam on.
I do find the stock muffler color bright...so I painted it black:D

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the beam itself, but the indicator on the instrument panel... it's a bright blue led, far too bright for my liking... what? Am I the only person who drives after dark??? :confused: :p

·
Registered
206 Posts
gotcha.
Can't really comment on that. I only have 150 km on mine before the cold and snow set in.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I rarely ride at night, haven't on the 09 yet, I'm out in the sticks so when I do I use the high beam, the high beam indicator brightness would probably bug me.

Painter's masking tape with a tiny hole for some light? Some paper is thin enough to let some light through, a small piece of paper held in place with Scotch tape?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've spent some time riding at night. The indicator didn't seem too bright to me. I don't really like the placement of the switch but maybe I'm just not used to using it yet. I only use the high beam regularly at one turn on my way home. I love the passing light trigger. It's great for announcing my presence while lanesplitting.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Concerning riding with brights during the day, I have always felt that people tend to get object fixation on bright lights and actually veer towards the light. A bunch of my friends give me a hard time for not using brights during the day, but I refuse to do it after many encounters in Costa Rica with drivers wondering over toward me fixed on the KTM Adventure headlights.

A good read in this month's issue of Motor Cyclist, How To Be Seen, And Not Hurt

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
you could always hack into the instrument panel and add a resistor to the indicator wire...or buy a low brightness led (if it is led) at a place like LEDSupply.com

You could print a "transparent" black circle (from powerpoint) onto a clear avery label, and cut it out and stick that over the indicator...print a couple at varying transparency amounts so you make sure to get it right

FYI, I havent ridden at night on my FZ yet...boo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts