Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I upgraded my main bulb to PIAA Extreme white/bright, nice!
But, I can't figure out how to get to those little mini's (wedge/parking lights?) on each side of main bulb. Looked in owners manual, but no luck. Anybody attempt this? You have to take headlight totally apart?? I can't see any plug and play wiring in back... Thank you if anyone has the answer/picture/diagram. Or, is it worth it...

Cheerfully,
Mike

·
Registered
137 Posts
But, I can't figure out how to get to those little mini's (parking lights?) on each side of main bulb. Looks in owners manual, but know luck. Anybody attempt this? You have to take headlight totally apart?? I. Ant see any plug and play wiring in back... Thank you if anyone has the answer/picture/diagram. Or, is it worth it...

Cheerfully,
Mike

HI I've replaced mine with slightly blue ones, they just twist into the headlight housing and are T10, 5w see the link below

http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-general-discussion/1837-small-bulbs-beside-headlight.html

Reactions: FZipper09

·
Registered
889 Posts
My FZ-09 has purple around the headlights. Lots of choices are available, but the state of Maryland frowns on red or blue (my first choice) lights at the front of any non-emergency vehicle. As boro mentioned, the LED bulb type is T10.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Automotive lighting Vehicle Headlamp Motorcycle Automotive exterior
Any before & after pics? ... At night with the light hitting a garage door or white wall...
I was looking to upgrade too....but i dont wanna blind oncoming traffic like some douchbags do with their cars...
Sorry, no before pics... There is another post where there is - wish I did, big diff...
The bulbs are much crisper/lighter/brighter/cleaner - before, kinda of dull yellowish...?
The bright is a blinder at night - great during day, "be seen" thats for sure! I don't use brights unles lots of traffic/intersections - it's now my secret weapon... No regrets.
Happy Holiday's!!

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
The bulbs are much crisper/lighter/brighter/cleaner - before, kinda of dull yellowish...?
The bright is a blinder at night - great during day, "be seen" thats for sure! I don't use brights unles lots of traffic/intersections - it's now my secret weapon... No regrets.
Happy Holiday's!!
Nice! Very impressive results.

·
Registered
40 Posts
But, I can't figure out how to get to those little mini's (wedge/parking lights?) on each side of main bulb. Looked in owners manual, but no luck. Anybody attempt this? You have to take headlight totally apart?? I can't see any plug and play wiring in back... Thank you if anyone has the answer/picture/diagram. Or, is it worth it...

Cheerfully,
Mike
Where did you get the bulbs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.