Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some people change the color of the side running lights, in the head light, how did they do that? Just change the bulb or did they wire something together themselves? if just a bulb change what's the numbers? I would like blue or red! :confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts
These are orange but will give you an idea. They work nicely. T10 5x on eBay

These were too long and did not work, just in case you're wondering. T10 13x on eBay

I didn't come across any 9x that would have been between the two.

Hope that helps. Back when I got those, I had done a bunch of searching on here for part numbers and reference info.

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The amber bulbs can be found at most auto stores... any other colors will probably depend on what's legal where you drive.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The amber bulbs can be found at most auto stores... any other colors will probably depend on what's legal where you drive.
I think I paid about $10 for an amber pair that have a quartet of amber LEDs in each.
The LEDS can be angled away from each other slightly for better. Here's a look at some red ones from another project.
The set I got at an O'Reilly's Auto Parts store were polarity indifferent.
Just plug 'em in place of the ones inside the headlight.

LED.JPG

IMG_7423b.JPG

I grounded my running lights to the (+) side of their respective turn signal. Signals off, the running lights shine normally. Signal on and the running lights lose their ground whenever the signal is on - so they alternate.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have seen some people change the color of the side running lights, in the head light, how did they do that? Just change the bulb or did they wire something together themselves? if just a bulb change what's the numbers? I would like blue or red! :confused:
If you got a se3vice manual it tells you in there just a few bolts and you can unscrew the running light..

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's illegal here to have any other colour than what comes from factory. The cops especially don't like red or blue on the front of any vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an led bulb I don't know the bulb type of hand but maybe someone else can chime in with that
So your just thinking that you can switch out to an led bulb?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's what makes me want to put in red or blue!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts