Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all,I am sorry if my not so good English giving you headache to read this, but I really need to know what you guys would have done, if you where me!

So I did an oil and filter change around first 180 miles on the bike.
I called my dealership 30 days ahead to let them know I want to take care of my headlight recall and ECU reflash ( I sent them all the documents they needed to have in order to make sure they know what exactly I need to be done and get them to have the parts ready and stuff)

I will attach the files here, that I sent them to get prepared.

So yesterday I went there (Had to drive 2 hours to get there) so got there at 10am where I had 585 miles on the bike. After 4 hours they told me they are trying to Download the new software from Yamaha ( I was talking to them for more than 30 days every week and they knew what they exactly had to do,also didn't they had to already toke care of the headlight before they sell me the bike?)

Story short after 5 hours they told me they tried to upload the ECU few times ,and it didn't work,but we are getting there!
At the end at 6pm right before they close(after me being there for 8 long hours), he told me sorry they couldn't reflash the ECU,since they got Windows XP on them computer!!! He said it might reflashed it might didn't if not come back when the weather get warmer(Now I don't know how to tell if the ECU reflash is new or not)

At the end they gave me one 200 dollars bill to pay right away. When I asked, what exactly did you do to bike for 8 hours, them answer was, oil and filter change, (I did that my self for 18 dollars), checked the tier pressure (I also did that the same morning before ride to my freaking dealership since I had to ride 2 hours to get there), and they said,they also checked all the fluids (Checked not Changed),

Any way I left there with 200 less dollars in my pocket and not having what I really wanted from them.

Now I see why almost everyone talking SH** about them dealership, since this is my first motorcycle and experience here in America.

Is there any way that I can complain about this? Like Yamaha or something.

Okay guys thank you for your time and sorry for this long story, but I had to pass it since I am still mad and upset about all that.

I want you all to be safe,warm and proud of this awesome machine that you got and don't let any dealership treat you and your bike like they did me!

Peace.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sounds like they charged you for 600 mile service, which should also include checking (and if necessary adjusting) throttle body synchronization, clutch cable, as you mentioned brake fluid levels, checking steering bearings, lubricating cables and checking stop and lamp switches. If they didn't make this clear to you, and explain the charges, it's not right. The fact that they were unable to do the reflash is ridiculous. Hard to believe it's the first time they've had to do that and that they just now realized that their operating system was out of date. Weak.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You need to contact the Yamaha area rep for your area, also Yamaha USA. Be civil and explain your complaint the best you can, your post is pretty good and I understand what happened. Don't worry about your English skills.

The forum, well me for one would like to at least know the city this dealer is in. They admit to not knowing what they are doing.

Good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, yes they said it is the first time they are trying reflash thing. I know most of business places system still running on Win XP( XP doesn't get no more security updates from Microsoft as far as I know) wandering why so many companies get hacked these days.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
That, is the reason that some of the dealerships have such a bad reputation. I agree with alnbama.....contact your area Yamaha Service Manager as well as Yamaha U.S.A. and get this resolved!

Reactions: cyberrang

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I will try to see if I can get someone from Yamaha to hear me. Thank you for taking time reading this.
There is only one Dealership in Wilson, NC and I hope they find some extra money to update them uprating system. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are talking about the same dealership service manager,which was the one working on my bike than no chance. I did look all over the Google and all I got is the Yamaha customer service member so far.
Thanks for reading boss!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I believe Yamaha USA has an office in California and an 800 or 888 #

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
The dealership I went to for the reflash had s similar issue and after hours and a few phone calls I got nervous they would actually screw it up vs fix it so undecided to take the bike back and go aftermarket on the flash. Didn't cost me a dime though but agree with others that it sounds like they did the 700 mile service for you and did a poor job explaining it (or just screwed you over).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can tell I got the fresh looking oil in her and they replaced the k&n filter that I put in there.
I'm going to ride her today and see if I can feel any different in the throttle.
It is on 20's, cold but the adrenaline is what warming me up :cool:

Thank you all for the support!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hard to believe it's the first time they've had to do that and that they just now realized that their operating system was out of date. Weak.
It's not that hard to believe, my dealership hasn't done one and up until last week they kept telling me that a reflash wasn't available and they are one of the largest dealership in Western Canada.

·
Registered
79 Posts
crazy question, how old is your bike? Arent the throttle reflashes really only for early 2014 models? (I only ask since you said you had 600 miles or whatever)... did I imprperly assume (or skim the original post too quickly?)

·
Banned
739 Posts
Wow this is sad, I feel bad for you. I'd never spend another nickel at this dealership, even if they are the only one within two hours. Technology moves fast. If they were reputable they would know this.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
crazy question, how old is your bike? Arent the throttle reflashes really only for early 2014 models? (I only ask since you said you had 600 miles or whatever)... did I imprperly assume (or skim the original post too quickly?)
This is a good point. If it's a 2015 - it's likely the flash has already been implemented.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's not that hard to believe, my dealership hasn't done one and up until last week they kept telling me that a reflash wasn't available and they are one of the largest dealership in Western Canada.
Wow I work at a General Motors dealership and we constantly have to upgrade software and sometimes hardware at great expense in order to properly service vehicles. It's the norm any more. Time for motorcycle dealerships to step it up I'd say.

Good point about '15's having the new flash but since he mentioned the headlight wiring as well I assumed he has a 2014.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guys,its 2014 FZ, I bought it last October, I don't know for how long they had the bike in their inventory. I know Yamaha fixed the 2015 models.
Do I sound so dumb. Lol
Thanks to all of you for helping me. FZ09.org is awesome!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts