Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow 9ers,

I'm heading over to Bellevue, WA to check out the new Livewire from Harley Davidson:
https://project.harley-davidson.com/en_US/events/1184

Is anyone from the area or planning on going as well?

I wouldn't mind seeing a few other 9ers out there. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Let us know what you think of the bike. I love the idea of electric and hope this brings the tech forward a bit with HD backing it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm planning on taking my GoPro out there and possibly wearing a chesty mount...maybe on my helmet.

Hopefully I can get that front wheel up!

Reactions: CB024

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm planning on taking my GoPro out there and possibly wearing a chesty mount...maybe on my helmet.

Hopefully I can get that front wheel up!
You are going to wear the chesty mount on your helmet? :p
It's a great bike to ride- you should probably get more space to stretch its legs. In NYC, we got to circle around Tribeca twice through tourists, plenty of lights and potholes. You will love it if you love instant torque and engine braking- probably you already do because you have the FZ09! ;)

Also, no wheelies allowed- also I think the weight is too much to get it up that easy.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are going to wear the chesty mount on your helmet? :p
It's a great bike to ride- you should probably get more space to stretch its legs. In NYC, we got to circle around Tribeca twice through tourists, plenty of lights and potholes. You will love it if you love instant torque and engine braking- probably you already do because you have the FZ09! ;)

Also, no wheelies allowed- also I think the weight is too much to get it up that easy.
Yeah! Wrap it around the helmet!

I have a buddy who is allowing me to borrow his chesty so no helmet mount needed. I figure HD won't be too pleased if I tried to snap a mount on the bike before the ride.

Hopefully we get a good ride, Bellevue has some nice hidden backroads that would be great for this bike.

And no wheelies? hah! We'll see about that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
are you going today or saturday? today i'm working but i'd check it out tomorrow. i live literally 2 miles from that dealership. also while you're out you should swing up to woodinville and check out the 2wheeldynoworks shop! wait...if he's there, i can't remember his schedule this weekend, but if you had wanted something flashed into your bike it'd be a convenient way to do it, its only 15 minutes north of bellevue

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you going today or saturday? today i'm working but i'd check it out tomorrow. i live literally 2 miles from that dealership. also while you're out you should swing up to woodinville and check out the 2wheeldynoworks shop! wait...if he's there, i can't remember his schedule this weekend, but if you had wanted something flashed into your bike it'd be a convenient way to do it, its only 15 minutes north of bellevue
I'll be there on Saturday!

I've met nels when he came to Spokane and had my 9er flashed already. :D Maybe we'll hook it up and see if we can flash out the ECU top speed limiter.

Planning on visiting the Ducati Bellevue and Indian dealer somewhere if I have time.

I'll PM you my phone number if you wanna text me and grab a beer or something.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, that was a long weekend! 600+ miles total, most of it on Saturday.

The Livewire wasn't up to my expectations, which weren't high in the first place.

This picture on their "dyno" platform in the showcase booth reeks of my excitement for the bike:
s-0809125243128.jpg

I had a good "interview" session with one of the main guys there, it was recorded on video so I don't know if they'll take tidbits and publish that somewhere or just review it for criticism and feedback. The bike is torquey but only likes going in a straight line. When it comes down to it, it's still a Harley. :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well, that was a long weekend! 600+ miles total, most of it on Saturday.

The Livewire wasn't up to my expectations, which weren't high in the first place.

This picture on their "dyno" platform in the showcase booth reeks of my excitement for the bike:
View attachment 8604

I had a good "interview" session with one of the main guys there, it was recorded on video so I don't know if they'll take tidbits and publish that somewhere or just review it for criticism and feedback. The bike is torquey but only likes going in a straight line. When it comes down to it, it's still a Harley. :(
That's disappointing to hear but the look of excitement on your face is priceless, haha. It looks like "hurry up and take the picture so I can get the heck off of this thing" lol.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's disappointing to hear but the look of excitement on your face is priceless, haha. It looks like "hurry up and take the picture so I can get the heck off of this thing" lol.
That's basically it. That's their dyno setup for the "experience" tour. You don't get to open the bike to 100% power.

I understand this is a prototype and there's a long tour but I really wanted to push the bike more than 40mph on the road. Little blurps here and there aren't enough to tell me if the bike is worth considering or not.

Maybe when it releases I'll give it another chance.

Reactions: CB024
1 - 10 of 10 Posts