Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called today about the ECU flash and they don't have a part because they go through a 3rd party here on island. Someone out there tried to get it done but it was a total failure; nothing new from SS. Also, they did get some of the cam stoppers in today. Just giving everyone a heads up.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Aloha Brah, try read StandardKids' post on the flash from SS-it's post #441 in the factory flash info thread-some good info there on who to contact at Puresports(the Hawai'i distributor). I'm on the BI, and we're having the same problem getting Puresports to authorize our only dealer to get the program and do the flash-the whole thing is bull$hit, not a huge fan of Puresports at this point, they also refused to authorize my dealer to replace the CCT when it failed at 150 miles.

BTW, did you see that smash and grab at SS a couple of nights ago on the local news-apparently second time they've been hit like that. Those guys have some pretty huge balls...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bro, I was on the North Shore drinking and saw that; spit primo all over the place after I saw mullett man. I will look into the ECU flash post. Big thanks for the look. Nice whip man...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Nice! Post up after the flash and please let us know how S. Seas handled it for you, then I can use that info to squeeze those morons over at Puresports to authorize my dealer to do it for me. Mahalo, Brah...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DBizzle, they had to download the map and within 5 mins it was done. This was after they called the IT guy in because of the firewall! Rode home in STD which for me was the most jerky always lurching me forward no matter how smooth I tried to roll on/off it. Rides like B mode through all the modes now but with more power...As far as SS, they were like ok hold on...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Pretty sure my dealer has no IT guy, they simply don't have the resources of a large dealer like SS, so let's hope there are no issues. I'm still trying to get Puresports to authorize and supply my dealer with the program in order to get it done, but it helps to know that another of Puresports dealers has been authorized and is actively flashing customers bikes-which I will mention once I'm through rippin their(Puresports) ass for dragging their feet for so long on this. Thanks for the update. Aloha my brother...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one more thing, if you are out of warranty and did not purchase the extended warranty then they may NOT pay for it and you will. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts