Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been pretty cold in the NE this winter. Today was our first nice day in PA. I saw a lot of bikes. We had a lot of running around to do today so we didn't get the bikes out. I did drive the Camaro for the first time in months, so that was fun at least.

Have you been out riding? How is the weather by you? Any issues from storing the bike over the winter? Hope all has been well.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
No real riding... Rain, rain... And next week when I am off, three days of rain.

I have a big issue that arose during storage. I dumped $1500 in mods into it!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Took third ride of 2015 today. All short rides so far. Today first warm day here, 67F high today.
Stored bike in unheated garage with battery tender plugged in and stabil in the gas. No issues, started right up.
Tires were low on air. about 25 lbs when I checked. Filled them up a bit. Other than that all is good.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've never stopped riding. Gotta love living on the Texas coast.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I finally got to take mine out for a good few hours. Its was about 56 degrees in CT. I took today off from work just so I can ride around too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I ride year round, that is the main reason I live in California!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
No real riding... Rain, rain... And next week when I am off, three days of rain.

I have a big issue that arose during storage. I dumped $1500 in mods into it!
I grew up in Indiana, on a farm a few miles east of Indy city limits, if you aren't willing to ride in the rain, you should not have a motorcycle because you will hardly ever ride and not run into rain.

We always said if you don't like the spring or fall weather in Indiana, wait 30 minutes, it will change.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've been riding about once a week, started about 6 weeks ago when it was sunny and 0 degrees Celcious or 32ish for you guys down South. It's starting to get warmer, next week looks like I might get to commute all week.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I used to live where it was cold...used to. I didn't have any issue with packing my stuff and moving to a warmer climate. I saw snow 4 times this winter and that's 4 times too many. I see myself moving, again, to an even warmer climate before next winter. Florida sounds nice, that's where my wife wants to go. Where can I ride all year in relative comfort? Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Meh, paid for toys are nice, if I can get on it, I do. If I can't, Ive got several other hobbies. I like to give myself options.
Ditto! Never ride in the rain... not enjoyable.
I'll ride in cold weather (not snow/ice/salty, but) down to 32*F long before I ride in rain.
Riding in the rain...eh, like mowing the lawn in a down pour.
I'll take the days I can get and count it as good enough.

Got a few rides in since moving here (from NY to SC) last week.
Hope to head out again tomorrow for another NC 200+mi run.

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No rides yet this year... driveway still ice and snow. Roads are passable but they are still putting salt and sand down. Chance of freezing rain tonight and a possible dusting of more snow coming on the weekend... still over 2 feet of it on the ground! Bike waits patiently, as do I... :-\

·
Registered
101 Posts
No rides yet this year... driveway still ice and snow. Roads are passable but they are still putting salt and sand down. Chance of freezing rain tonight and a possible dusting of more snow coming on the weekend... still over 2 feet of it on the ground! Bike waits patiently, as do I... :-\
I feel and share your pain, only ice and snow here in the driveway too,
lol there's some friends of mine with their kids coming home tomorow to slide with the snow tube.
Some more snow saturday apparently...
It's not riding time yet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
When did I ever stop is the real question?!?! Nah, I'm kidding. I had it out a couple times after the first snow we had my way in PA, then after the next snow I hadn't touched it until a few weeks ago.

I think I've seen it down to 17°F but apparently this is the only one I took a pic of:

uploadfromtaptalk1428040795516.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
i've been out a few times. The fact that the roads are rideable in Anchorage in the middle of March/beginning of April is nigh unheard of.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'd ride more, if I could commute to work, but I can't...

I'd also ride in the evenings, after work, but there is no "after work", so I can't. My riding limitations reach so much further than weather.

·
Banned
739 Posts
Made it out to the Yamaha shop yesterday. Wanted to get another set of ears to listen for any cam chain issues. The mechanic there - who I trust - agrees with me, it's not making any noise. Told me, you would hear it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've been out every dry day until my fingers get numb then I turn around (Rhode island here) other than the 20mph wind yesterday it was nice, got about 100 miles in. Loving this bike so far.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts