Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well loved the FZ09. But getting to old for wheelies and the hard seat and no storage. So when i went in for my first service spotted this new ride and traded her in for a new 2014 GSX1250 SE aka 1250 Bandit touring. Still got lots off power and torque but now have comfort and storage to. Will still have to check in here still a great forum and a good group of people ... What do you think off the new ride..

Attachments

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
That's a sweet looking ride. Certainly built more for the highway than the FZ IMO.

Good luck with it and enjoy every minute!

Reactions: Horsman and RedRay

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Definitely on the other end of the spectrum. I just can't see buying a new motorcycle and then trading it in less than a year or two or five. Even I were rich, my stubbornness would not abide such a thing.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
touring bikes are cool too...that looks like a especially nice one. whatever makes you happy bro, enjoy it!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Looks big! FZ is much smaller... Much lighter... Less $$$$... Great for short rides... But it won't do long tours... At least not without major mods. Nice lookin' bike!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
by the way, try not to get too distracted by your tank pad while riding!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I do not believe you will jump any buses with this choice of motorcycle set-up. I want to jump two buses then through the flames hoop and over one more bus.
But you can have a comfortable seat. Have a fun summer.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Looks like a much more comfortable ride with lots of space for "supplies" on those weekend trips. That motor should keep you entertained for a bit too... Enjoy your new ride! :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like a much more comfortable ride with lots of space for "supplies" on those weekend trips. That motor should keep you entertained for a bit too... Enjoy your new ride! :)
Yes could get half hour or so on the 09. And the butt hurt. The 1250 is a great ride and still sporty. the bags come off in 5 seconds with the turn off a key.and the motor has awesome power 100 HP and 80 flb torque so she pulls good and can ride all day...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! The FZ-09 is the first motorcycle I purchased that wasn't primarily an alternative to driving a car or truck. I wanted one, but if it had not pushed all the right buttons for me, I would have found something that did. Smart move on your part. Ride what moves you, and have no regrets.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I would like to have a bike like this one day to do Iron Butt Association quests.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Definitely on the other end of the spectrum. I just can't see buying a new motorcycle and then trading it in less than a year or two or five. Even I were rich, my stubbornness would not abide such a thing.
I once traded in a one year old bike. I made a very poor choice in buying it; was not like what I expected. It was a 750 Nighthawk and I thought it would be something like the 700 Nighthawk even though it was styled differently, but it was the most boring, soulless bike I ever rode. Then Kawasaki came out with their great ZX-6 Ninja and I traded. The smaller Ninja could run circles around the Nighthawk. It was a damn good bike for 1993.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Very nice Suke! I know what you mean about power, comfort, and storage. I haven't ridden my FJR since I bought the FZ, but if I really want to travel comfortably, fast, and fun, I'll take the FJR1300 every time. Enjoy the bike and be careful.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I once traded in a one year old bike. I made a very poor choice in buying it; was not like what I expected. It was a 750 Nighthawk and I thought it would be something like the 700 Nighthawk even though it was styled differently, but it was the most boring, soulless bike I ever rode. Then Kawasaki came out with their great ZX-6 Ninja and I traded. The smaller Ninja could run circles around the Nighthawk. It was a damn good bike for 1993.

Yep, I remember how plain vanilla the Nighthawk 750 was...ugh. It's a shame you didn't get to sample a Hawk GT, I bought mine in 1991 and still have it, amazing handling and tons of character.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Someday I will probably get a sport touring bike but it will be an FJ-09, after it is released. I am just that hooked on this triple engine and would probably cream all over myself on a light weight sport touring bike with this engine.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Someday I will probably get a sport touring bike but it will be an FJ-09, after it is released. I am just that hooked on this triple engine and would probably cream all over myself on a light weight sport touring bike with this engine.
I heard that Yamaha has trademarked the FJ-09 name.........so maybe sooner than later.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I went the opposite route. I traded my beloved Bandit 1250 for the FZ-09. I wanted something light and nimble. The big Suzuki is deadnutz reliable and smooth. Check out the Maximum Suzuki forum, great community there also. Dale Walkers Holeshot Perfomance is pretty much a one stop shop for modding the "Bandit" platform.

Reactions: RedRay
1 - 20 of 23 Posts