1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just remember, batteries are one of those things where you usually get what you pay for.... quality costs.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone knoes how can i wire my electric grip heating system to my battery so when i turn off the key, it turns off the heated grips also? I dont want to do twice the same mistake...it cost too much :/

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
you should be able to slow charge the battery to get it back up to full charge...what are you using to charge it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i put it on a charger... 12V @ 2 Amps charge it it doesnt hold the charge :/
I will contact my dealer and try to pass this on the waranty...hope it will work

·
Registered
474 Posts
you should be able to slow charge the battery to get it back up to full charge...what are you using to charge it?
Or have you tried a high amp charger (not a battery tender) ?

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
i put it on a charger... 12V @ 2 Amps charge it it doesnt hold the charge :/
I will contact my dealer and try to pass this on the waranty...hope it will work
Yeah, 2 amps will never do it, you need an actual charger to bring it back up..like 20 amps for about 8 hours

Or have you tried a high amp charger (not a battery tender) ?
exactly, a battery tender is not a battery charger

·
Registered
290 Posts
You can add a switch relay to your heated grips. Simply, a switch relay will only activate the circuit by using a control feed such as running rear light or headlight that when it activates (bike is powered on) will activate the relay and allow your heated grips to work. When you turn the bike off, the relay switches off as the control feed is no longer active. The running brake light or headlight only acts as a control for the relay and doesn't power the device the relay is hooked into, in this case the heated grips will have it's ojwn power source and inline fuse to drawn it's power from and not accept the control feed source.

You will never have to worry about leaving the grips on again as they will automatically turn off when the bike is turned off.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Someone knoes how can i wire my electric grip heating system to my battery so when i turn off the key, it turns off the heated grips also? I dont want to do twice the same mistake...it cost too much :/
A switch relay will be your answer. It happened to me (killed battery and I had to take a ride on a tow truck) but I still haven't got one- just got a new smart controller from Oxford which turns off when it senses the engine is not running.
I just have been lazy about ordering that relay...that's all.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A switch relay will be your answer. It happened to me (killed battery and I had to take a ride on a tow truck) but I still haven't got one- just got a new smart controller from Oxford which turns off when it senses the engine is not running.
I just have been lazy about ordering that relay...that's all.
The question is....is it worth it ? I supose it cost more than a simpel relay

·
Registered
730 Posts
Relay energized by any switched power. Aux conn under the right scoop would work...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts