Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short of buying a Very Used F-150 (I've seen a few with 150k miles for $2000), is there a way to Haul two Bikes several hundred mikes with a car....???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Kendon trailer will do the job very nicely, of course a new one runs about $2500 so not cheap. But it is compact and light and stands up for easy out of the way storage. Buddy of mine uses his to haul 3 bikes to the track behind his car all the time and it works great. I've also seen the Trinity MT3 trailer that looks very similar for about a grand less but I have not personally seen that one in action.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have found a few kendon MC trailers for around $1000.00. The fold up pretty small when not in use.

Edit: Beat me to it richp5132

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry. I neglected to mention I have no place to keep a trailer. But renting one might work perfectly.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or if you don't have room in the trunk...

Can this be done with 2 FZ-09's.......??? This is great if the car roof can support two bikes.

I need to haul 2 at the same time.

Reactions: FastEddy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Can this be done with 2 FZ-09's.......??? This is great if the car roof can support two bikes.

I need to haul 2 at the same time.
One on the roof and one in the trunk. Problem solved.

You're welcome :icon_thumleft:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kendon trailer will do the job very nicely, of course a new one runs about $2500 so not cheap. But it is compact and light and stands up for easy out of the way storage. Buddy of mine uses his to haul 3 bikes to the track behind his car all the time and it works great. I've also seen the Trinity MT3 trailer that looks very similar for about a grand less but I have not personally seen that one in action.
Thanks a lot. This beats buying an F-150 with over 200,000 miles on it for $2500....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got some great ideas from this thread.....

I'm now planning to work from home tomorrow:

image.jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Two FZ09'S on a trailer will require a trailer with a 1000 pound load rating and requires a class 3 trailer hitch. You won't be able to get a Class 3 hitch for a car unless the car is huge. Most hitches sold for cars are Class 2 ...800 pound rating.

My advice is to stay away from a beat up high mileage Ford F-150. The price is tempting....but the gas mileage will require a bank loan to pay off.

If you plan to haul two bikes all the time....get a used Ford Ranger with a 4 cylinder and 5 speed.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Two FZ09'S on a trailer will require a trailer with a 1000 pound load rating and requires a class 3 trailer hitch. You won't be able to get a Class 3 hitch for a car unless the car is huge. Most hitches sold for cars are Class 2 ...800 pound rating.

My advice is to stay away from a beat up high mileage Ford F-150. The price is tempting....but the gas mileage will require a bank loan to pay off.

If you plan to haul two bikes all the time....get a used Ford Ranger with a 4 cylinder and 5 speed.
The thought of the F-150 was to use the Bed.,,no hitch. Ford Ranger? The bed is too small. The search continues...

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Check your numbers and application. I run a class 1 hitch on my WRX: 2,000 load limit w/ 200 lb tongue weight. I have a custom modified open trailer that routinely tows two motorcycles. Easy peasy.

I had a Forester with an optional class 3 hitch. Granted, I would never tow 4000 lbs with that car w/o a brake controller and God only knows how well it would pull hills. But possible, yes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts