Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally getting rid of my Harley on Saturday and have been looking at insurance on other bikes and have looked at insurance on our bike with other carriers. I'm paying around $250/yr for full coverage, 100/300, low deductible and all the other nonsense. Riders wants over $800 for the same coverage. Riders wants less for super sports. I'm going to stay with Dairyland for the FZ.

Have you noticed an increase this year in the insurance of your FZ-09?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I went with dairyland for my fz as well. Soooo much cheaper than other insurance providers. I was quoted $1,600 a year with progressive and even more with state farm... I'm paying $830 or so a year for 500/500 with dairyland. I'm 25 and haven't gotten a ticket in 4 1/2 years....

·
Registered
202 Posts
24 250/250 for 1200/yr through dairyland

·
Registered
619 Posts
50 y/o 100k/300k - $390/year - Progressive.
Rider wanted $590/year for 15k/30k coverage.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have State Farm. Full coverage. (100k/300k, PIP, uninsured motorist coverage, pedestrian no fault coverage) $167.07 annual cost.

I did an online quote with Dairyland for shiites and giggles just now. Same coverages, $701.34 annual cost. That's a big "hell no!" to switching.

I'm turning 37 this year. Live in Kentucky. Riding for 14 years, married, park bike in a locked garage every day. No tickets.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have State Farm. Full coverage. (100k/300k, PIP, uninsured motorist coverage, pedestrian no fault coverage) $167.07 annual cost.

I did an online quote with Dairyland for shiites and giggles just now. Same coverages, $701.34 annual cost. That's a big "hell no!" to switching.

I'm turning 37 this year. Live in Kentucky. Riding for 14 years, married, park bike in a locked garage every day. No tickets.
All of the larger insurance companies quoted me 200+ per month. Dairyland was less than half of every other quote i got, so i went with them. Hoping things get better when i turn 25.

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
I'm sad to say if I had to pay $1200 a year, I wouldn't be riding my FZ.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Due to this thread mainly, I checked Dairyland, and for Full Coverage in Vegas, my FZ is 500$, which is half what Geico and Progressive wanted.

Needless to say, as of yesterday, both my motorcycles are covered via Dairyland.

I'm in my(late) 40's have perfect credit, riding for 30+ years no claims in my lifetime, etc etc etc...
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just quoted through Dairyland and my annual rate went from $540 to $290. I will be switching next month. Thanks Guys��

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm sad to say if I had to pay $1200 a year, I wouldn't be riding my FZ.
Well, long story short I had a friend give me a quote on the bike who works at statefarm when I got it. She quoted me 34 dollars a month. 3 weeks and 2000 miles later, she calls me back to inform me that my insurance would be going up to 207 dollars a month because of a mistake she made. I shouldve known it was too good to be true when every other company was sky high, but I figured she gave me some friend or family discount. So now being 'stuck' with the bike I had to figure something out, so dairyland it was, theyre saving me a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I just quoted through Dairyland and my annual rate went from $540 to $290. I will be switching next month. Thanks Guys��
I just did quote also and it came back at $236 for the year..Ill wait and see what Rider does with my renewal next month before I jump ship...my current policy is $285 so not a big difference and if it does not go up, Ill likely stick with them

1 - 20 of 40 Posts