Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out and test drive both the normal 2021 mt-09 and the SP version.

I was only able to take a short ride of 15-20 minutes. I did not feel the any noticeable difference between them on my short ride around the town. They both run phenomenally well !!

But I think the SP version is a lot nicer looking than the other. I have a pre-ordered SP on the way - I'm really looking forward to it!

Has anyone here tested them yet? And what do you think?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have been out and test drive both the normal 2021 mt-09 and the SP version.

I was only able to take a short ride of 15-20 minutes. I did not feel the any noticeable difference between them on my short ride around the town.
There shouldn't be ANY difference to the engine performance between the two 2021 bikes, there 'should' be a slight difference between the 2020 and 2021 models though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There shouldn't be ANY difference to the engine performance between the two 2021 bikes, there 'should' be a slight difference between the 2020 and 2021 models though.
The suspension is different, i wasn't talking about the engine.. :)

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
We have had others here pre pay and the dealer refunded not knowing when they will be shipped to the states !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have had others here pre pay and the dealer refunded not knowing when they will be shipped to the states !
Yeah my dealer said today that there are only a few SP's ready - the rest is postponed until sometime in 2022. Mine should arrive 27th of april. I ordered mine back in November last year, so I should be one of the lucky few getting one of the first SP model.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
What’s funny is yesterday when I was on this forum, a banner ad popped up for the 2021 MT09-SP. So Yamaha is paying money for ads for a bike that everybody here already knows about, and no one can even buy anyway... 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Come on Scott, we are Americans and not suppose to notice details like that!
If you asked Yamaha or any big company how that makes sense they would simply say that you don't understand "the big picture".

Reactions: Moto26

·
Registered
Soon to be MT 09
7 Posts
Hey y’all..noob here to Yamaha..as in I’m a Harley guy making the jump into this naked scene..test rode the 2020 mt 09 and there’s no turning back now. Deciding to get the 2020 or wait for the 21 but I’m not liking the new headlight set up on the 21 at all..will the 2020 assembly fit and work on the 21 possibly?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, who is allowing test rides? I can't get any freaking dealer within 500 miles that allows test rides, and it's quite frustrating. I owned a 2017 FZ-10, and after seeing the negative reviews on the suspension of the 2020 and prior MT-09, I waited for a 2021, since all the reviews I've read said the suspension is much better now for corner carving, which is exactly what I'd be doing with this bike (no track duty at all). I'm at 165 (without gear), so the suspension of the regular MT-09 should be fine for me. I wanted cruise control, but not worth $1,600, having to wait months (for the SP), and and being stuck with blue wheels, so I'm seriously considering a 2021 MT-09 that just arrived at a dealer near by, and they'd sell it to me at MSRP with no fees (so $9,399 + I register the bike). They might tack on a doc fee, but hope not, since I'll have to register it myself in my state (TX). Is that a good deal? But I'd have to buy it blindly (no test ride), and probably immediately, so Tuesday. Thank you in advance for your help :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts