Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2012 Super Tenere. We would unhook the clutch switch wires and loop them together. There is a torque and HP increase at low RPM's. I wander it it would work on our FZ-09

Instantly 15 more free HP

This is a Super Tenere link.

See what you think.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a 2012 Super Tenere. We would unhook the clutch switch wires and loop them together. There is a torque and HP increase at low RPM's. I wander it it would work on our FZ-09

Instantly 15 more free HP

This is a Super Tenere link.

See what you think.
sorry, not going to work.

I spoke to Nick about the same thing, and they are two completely different beasts. The ABS and TC included in the tenere probably doesn't help.
Honestly, spend the money on the flash, it changes the bike, and makes it rideable and enjoyable.

That said, my tenere is great with the clutch switch on.
One of the Tenere forum inmates offers a good flash for it as well ($125)

·
Registered
75 Posts
The guy at the shop I got my suspension dialed in at told me aout this mod on the tenere but will be curious to see if this yields similar or any results on the FZ-09.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It isn't a true 15HP but it does make a big difference. For some reason there is a different map in use with the clutch lever pulled in. It is for testing of certain functions of the bike. That is all I know for sure.

The other less likely option is that Yamaha knew we weren't dumb and wanted up to have some fun for cheap???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts