Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Has anyone raised their front fender?

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  abe57 
#1 ·
Hey all! A few months ago I told myself my bike was finished but soon enough I was modifying it some more when I got a crazy idea while removing the front fender to paint it... "What if I raise fender?". well I did just that and the concept seems to give it a decent look but the stock fender was far too skinny, so now I'm attempting to shape my own fender, similar to this one found on the Ducati scrambler:

Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive design Fender Auto part

So that's my idea, I think it'll give a unique touch, what do you think? Has anyone seen anything like this before? Any feedback or advice it appreciated :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Theres a few guys floating around here who have done it and made brackets to support it also.. I personally think it looks pretty cool and you could pick up a cheap fender from a dirt bike that you can offer up to the bike and take a step back and see if you are really keen on the idea.

Reactions: Polonaut
#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Looks good mate. I also keep an eye out for a cheap Aprilia fender from time to time. Like your g650x too, owned one a few years ago.

Reactions: shamrock
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.