Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick up a new bike now that I have a garage again, has anyone heard from their dealers?

Been debating between picking up a new SP edition or the new Triumph Speed Triple RS, but since they haven't even announced it yet looks like the SP is the only bike that currently fits all my requirements! I had a 2017 09 (beautiful anniversary edition) but it was totaled after someone decided to cross three lanes without looking :s
Been dying to ride some texas hill country on a hoolibike
Cheers!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Official Yamaha website says March.

MSRP* $10,999 - Raven / Liquid Metal - Available from March, 2021

·
Registered
563 Posts
I called my dealer a few days ago, they said that almost half the bikes they had on order were cancelled by Yamaha. They told me I'd need to place an order to get a 2021 SP.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,113 Posts
I haven't heard from my dealer since my 600 mile service! That was 16k ago...I'm so hurt...they don't care...

F*ck 'em
Maybe you should reach out to them. Communication is a two-way street, you know. Maybe they are hurting because you haven’t called. Did you ever think of that? 😢

·
Registered
759 Posts
Maybe you should reach out to them. Communication is a two-way street, you know. Maybe they are hurting because you haven’t called. Did you ever think of that? 😢
Yup, two way street. Have been there several times since purchase, even bought a couple of things. OTOH, the Toyota dealer I bought from sends me emails at least monthly and mailers (most likely Toyota corporate) at least quarterly. When I walk in the door, people remember my name and what I'm driving.

This dealer has developed a bad reputation throughout the area. These days, if you aren't looking to drop money on a SxS, they don't want to talk to you.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
This dealer has developed a bad reputation throughout the area. These days, if you aren't looking to drop money on a SxS, they don't want to talk to you.
I sure get that! My Yamaha/Honda dealer of choice is 100 miles away. The one that’s less than 10 minutes from my house (and their sister store across town) is so bad I won’t buy a sticker in that place...

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
I sure get that! My Yamaha/Honda dealer of choice is 100 miles away. The one that’s less than 10 minutes from my house (and their sister store across town) is so bad I won’t buy a sticker in that place...
They were a family dealership. Some years back, the sons took over and moved the business to a much more visible location and business took off pretty well. Then they opened another location. Eventually, the brothers had a falling out and they split the business into 2 separate dealerships, they couldn't be much more different. The only reason I bought from the one I did is because it is less than 2 miles from where I work.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Sounds typical. In my case, my long-time favorite “Mom & Pop” Yamaha store was bought by a huge chain of car and motorcycle - excuse me... “powersports” - dealerships. I can’t blame them, they had run the store for like 50 years, and wanted to retire, but the new place is just the typical big box full of polo shirt-wearing “sales consultants” who know more about sales commissions than motorcycles. 🤮

·
Registered
257 Posts
They said it was a supply-chain issue.
Wonder if components are slow to procure due to the rona? I've have been actively search YouTube for some 2021 MT-09(SP) and Tracer 9 GT videos but its been very quiet. I know the tracer was unveiled as a "Pre-production" model but also haven't seen anything on that front either.

Reactions: meinschaft

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wonder if components are slow to procure due to the rona? I've have been actively search YouTube for some 2021 MT-09(SP) and Tracer 9 GT videos but its been very quiet. I know the tracer was unveiled as a "Pre-production" model but also haven't seen anything on that front either.
That is my guess.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yamaha, just like all vehicle manufacturers depend on outside suppliers for at least some of their components. All it takes is one supplier failure to shut the whole system down. We won't get this sorted for at least another year. Nothing is back to normal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts