Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cant open the ebay link at work but I bought a pair of levers off ebay for my fz. I paid like maybe 50 bucks total for the set and they work great on the bike. One recommendation is if you do buy these make sure they are being shipped from the US and not from china or something because it could take months to get them and returning them is a nightmare.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I don't have those, bought the Mad Hornets orange ones last year, installed quite easily. I'd say go for it.

JW
How is the anodizing holding up on the Orange Mad Hornets? I bought the gold ones and the anodizing has faded. No complaints on the fit, feel, function though.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Said item location is in China. It's your money, spend it however you want.

I went with CRGs on the FZ. Also really like the FP Racing levers I have on the Suzuki.

·
Registered
181 Posts
They did fine in the Wisconsin summer, parked in a garage when not riding. I have heard of others noticing a fade but I haven't yet. But I think that it really depends on where you live and how the bike's stored and how much sun it gets in total.

JW

How is the anodizing holding up on the Orange Mad Hornets? I bought the gold ones and the anodizing has faded. No complaints on the fit, feel, function though.

·
Registered
833 Posts
When i ride to work, it is outside for the heat of the day. I just wonder if the Orange holds up better than the Gold? oh, the dilemmas....:p

Reactions: sconnie

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got CRG shorty levers. I Lorre them a lot. They were $100 each

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have the orange mad hornetz. Bought them off of a forum member last year and installed them in the early fall. The anodizing is holding up very well. I'm not 100% satisfied with the feel but I think that for my next pair of levers I'm going to spring for some ASVs.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Those look a lot like a set of Mad Hornet Levers???

I'd say for the price, they are worth trying. A stock 09 brake lever is almost as much as a set of those, lol.

09-brake-lever.jpg

I picked up a set of shorty Mad Hornet levers and they are great. Yes they are out of China, but fit prefect, work great, and feel just like the way higher priced levers. I would have bought a another set off them, but they don't have any for my DR650SE, lol.

Mad Hornets - Search Results for "yamaha fz-09"

I lucked out and only paid $39.99 for the set last fall, but that was before the dollar started to slip.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I bought some for an fz6 (if I remember correctly) around Dec. '13. I don't think they were called Mad Hornets, but they looked exactly like them. They've got over 12k on them, and have held up well. The anodyzing (titanium look) has really faded though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts