Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I decided to go with a GIVI hardcase rack, as I was doing some Thailand touring with my partner. Took me a while to figure out which GIVI case would best suit the bikes overall look as well as the weight we were carrying. I found a Givi sales shop in Bangkok they were selling tons of accessories so I purchased a copy/thai make of the SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack. Adding the Givi monokey system adapter. Was super easy to fit with the help of one of the stores shop hands. (10mins) I ended up going with the GIVI V47 hardcase, to be honest i didn't like it at first, thought it was too bulky but the weight of the case was 5 kgs. And i was convinced by the store owner it suited the bikes look and color of bike....blah blah blah saying it was meant for this bike as well as my partner liking the look and design. After a 3 day touring in Kanchanaburi province I now realize how efficient this hardcase is, we fitted 10kgs in the case and it was a tight squeeze least now I know what we can and can't bring. (the girlfriend wasn't too happy that the snack pack didn't fit :D)

Anyways was super keen with the Givi Trekker Outback 37L case! thought it looked sick! added that sports touring style to it, I think it fits super well. The down fall was it weighs 7kgs and obviously smaller than the V47. Took me about 30 mins of switching back a forth to decide, I was so close to choosing the Trekker but I am actually glad I went with the V47 as it made more sense for us two up touring:cool:

haven't seen any images of the aluminum rack set up on the forum yet, so just putting it out there for viewing your pleasure!

photo 3.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 388.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 133.jpg

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The shop owner was right, the V47 does suit the bike better than the Trekker plus it allows more room and weight for more stuff. The Trekker makes the FZ look like it's delivering pizza. IMO

Reactions: mralandy and beck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Btw it's also worth getting the backrest for your partner, noticed they don't need to hold on to the rider so much. When you accelerate they naturally Lean onto the case but still feeling safe with a point of contact. I hear its comfy at the same time;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Add a nice fender eliminator and get that hunk of licence plate holder off the back and the weight pretty much evens itself out with the luggage case! haha! Looks nice! Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
857 Posts
The Givi style looks right. If this was the bike you have it is a great solution to a packing problem. Tell your sweetie where the snack pack is. I know, I know.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last week I decided to go with a GIVI hardcase rack, as I was doing some Thailand touring with my partner. Took me a while to figure out which GIVI case would best suit the bikes overall look as well as the weight we were carrying. I found a Givi sales shop in Bangkok they were selling tons of accessories so I purchased a copy/thai make of the SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack. Adding the Givi monokey system adapter. Was super easy to fit with the help of one of the stores shop hands. (10mins) I ended up going with the GIVI V47 hardcase, to be honest i didn't like it at first, thought it was too bulky but the weight of the case was 5 kgs. And i was convinced by the store owner it suited the bikes look and color of bike....blah blah blah saying it was meant for this bike as well as my partner liking the look and design. After a 3 day touring in Kanchanaburi province I now realize how efficient this hardcase is, we fitted 10kgs in the case and it was a tight squeeze least now I know what we can and can't bring. (the girlfriend wasn't too happy that the snack pack didn't fit :D)

Anyways was super keen with the Givi Trekker Outback 37L case! thought it looked sick! added that sports touring style to it, I think it fits super well. The down fall was it weighs 7kgs and obviously smaller than the V47. Took me about 30 mins of switching back a forth to decide, I was so close to choosing the Trekker but I am actually glad I went with the V47 as it made more sense for us two up touring:cool:

haven't seen any images of the aluminum rack set up on the forum yet, so just putting it out there for viewing your pleasure!

View attachment 13952 View attachment 13955 View attachment 13947 View attachment 13948 View attachment 13951
I want to know how to fix mounting brackets to my Yamaha FZs FI version 2.0 bike (India). I ordered a TMS small top case but I do not have mounting kit to mount. Please help me find a solution if you will. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to know how to fix mounting brackets to my Yamaha FZs FI version 2.0 bike (India) for a top case/trunk. I ordered a TMS small top case but I do not have mounting kit to mount. Please help me find a solution if you will. Thank you. For your better idea, I am attaching pics..Please see and suggest if possible. The 012.jpg 009.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts