Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know,my dealership couldn't do the ECU update, after having the bike for 8 hours! Finally today a new dealer did the ECU reflash in 20 minutes and just handed me the key, without asking for any money.
God,is this what I was missing all this time?
I will drive on A mode from now on(not in rain), and now I can trust the bike out of corners. It was a nice upgrade for the bike and free, So I love it.
I saw the yellow and gray FZ but orange is still the best looking one IMO.

Please help me choose one of these two slips on for her,
Extramblaster or GPR and if MSR got slip on,how about that?
I know about all the other fancy ones, but I can't pay that much and someone told me that M4 is really loud which I don't want since I am around 6000 to 8000 rpm,when i ride around.

So to all 2014 model guys, who is still riding with the stock map: send your ECU to vendors on this site or just get the fee one from Yamaha, believe me it will wake your bike up!

They told me that,they can't change the cct for free and it will cost me around 350 to 400 to have the version 3 on my bike. I am just going to wait about that and hopefully that is normal sound that we all hear around 4000 rpm from the engine.
BTW my bike just hit the 1000 miles on it today and I don't know, I should be happy or sad for my bike growing up with me :)

Does anyone know what is this ring next to our throttle?

IMG_20150313_114511831.jpg

IMG_20150313_114439585_HDR.jpg

Thank you to all of you who running this site and helping the rest of us to enjoy our Monster even better.
Rock on :headbang:

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
If your bike is still under warranty, the CCT is a FREE item that they have to change for you if it's making noise. Contact the DISTRICT SERVICE MANAGER immediately and tell them about the SCAM that the dealer tried to pull over on you......damn thieves! A new CCT is only about $100 or so and labor time to put it in is maybe 15 to 20 minutes. If shop labor rate was say $100/hr, that would still only be like $150 or so...........but it is FREE if you are still under warranty.

Reactions: cyberrang

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir.
When he said 400,I was like,this is almost 1/¹⁴th of the full price of the bike it self.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I ride about 6000 too. It's like pouncing stance ready to attack. I did change the sprocket and might go larger to a fifty this year.
My cct was ticking nearly scary that I thought damage was imminent. Then at a red light all went sort of quiet. It has been the same since then.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I love my m4 exhaust, looks great and sounds great, what I did to mine was I took the spark arrestor and tack welded a section of pipe over the holes to create a better baffle and it does help, I wish I used a longer section of pipe because I wake up pretty early and if I commute to work I have my bike warming up in the driveway between my house and my neighbors and I don't like to be rude. But that's an option for you IF you get an m4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts