Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would introduce myself because the forum kindly asked me to.

Hello, I am from California. I have never had the chance to ride in California but some day I will. I own a 2014 FZ09 and live in Texas now. I owned a Yamaha FZ8 before this and the second I realized this bike was coming out I had to have it. So...I wrecked my 8 (actually I was t-boned in an intersection) and then I ended up with a 9. That is not how I wanted it to happen, that is just how it worked out, unfortunately or fortunately.

I have added an M4 slip-on exhaust, Power Commander V, black light LED's, Graves fender eliminator kit along with frame sliders, break-away levers, and last but not least MRA Vario Touring windscreen with the adjustable spoiler. Other than that she is stock. Her name is Dez by the way.

I have tracked her over at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and that was a great experience.

I highly recommend not purchasing the Pilot Road 4's for the FZ09 because the sport-touring tires are too heavy and throw off the balance. I was getting a high speed wobble over 80mph, which only got worse as the speed increased.

I look forward to hearing about everyone's experiences, seeing pictures, and learning new tips and tricks.

...O and I caved in and got a Batman Suit.

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
LOL welcome Batman! Were's Robin & Batgirl?

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice color. I see you found a way to get that Palm tree out of your fuel tank. That must have been killing your MPG's.
My PR4's haven't caused any stability issues at supra-legal speeds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe there was a manufacturing defect with the PR4's that I purchased. Either way I am happy with the Pilot Powers. If they work for you, use em.

...getting the palm tree out of the tank was an easy solution actually. I just moved my point of view and walaaa, great gas mileage!

Thanks all, for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome Bruce Wayne! Great intro and nice looking rig you got there! Love the outfit, too - it's like, KA-POW!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts