Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New to the forum. Been looking to get new handle bars. Not very happy with my current stance. Kind of want a lower stance but not to much. Was looking to get pro tapers, however I don’t want to gain width on my handlebars when splitting lanes(I live in ca). Any recommendations?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,547 Posts
Yup. Woodcraft clip-ons, or what I have on my XSR, Hurricane Fat Swallows...

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Renthal McGrath low for me. I cut 30mm off each end to narrow them, and rethreaded for stock end weights.
I also chamfered the brake and clutch clamps for a bit for more bearing area on the taper section of the bars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Renthal McGrath low for me. I cut 30mm off each end to narrow them, and rethreaded for stock end weights.
I also chamfered the brake and clutch clamps for a bit for more bearing area on the taper section of the bars.
Are your bars the same width as your stock bars after the cut? So you have pictures?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Stock 73cm, Renthals cut down 74cm. I'll try to take some pics after the weekend. Going away.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha MT-09
3 Posts
Protaper bars usually come with lines on them specifically for cutting them down. I haven't gotten them for my MT09 yet, but I put them on literally every other bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts