Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around and couldn't find any info.
Due to my long arms:
I really would like to get bars that would put me 1" lower and 1" forward. Please help me find this. What is the stock height/ pull back measurements? Thank you.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Clubmans are a lot more in each direction than 1", not race clipon position, but maybe a bit over half way there from stock.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I looked around and couldn't find any info.
Due to my long arms:
I really would like to get bars that would put me 1" lower and 1" forward. Please help me find this. What is the stock height/ pull back measurements? Thank you.
Search Marthys built. You might like my Pro Tapper Carmichael. Riding position is really nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought the Fly Aero Tapered Handlebars at BikeBandit for $34 (1671279). Dimensionally, they are very close to the Pro Taper Carmichael bars.

These specs were posted by DNFDOUG.

OEM bar specs
A: 29.5" = 749 mm
B: 3.5" = 89 mm
C: 2.5" = 64 mm
D: 7" = 178 mm
E: 4" = 102 mm
F: never bothered measuring

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought the Fly Aero Tapered Handlebars at BikeBandit for $34 (1671279). Dimensionally, they are very close to the Pro Taper Carmichael bars.

These specs were posted by DNFDOUG.

OEM bar specs
A: 29.5" = 749 mm
B: 3.5" = 89 mm
C: 2.5" = 64 mm
D: 7" = 178 mm
E: 4" = 102 mm
F: never bothered measuring
I don't think the E measurement is correct.
It looks to me to be 2" or so.
I am looking for a taller bar with more sweep.
I need to know if the cables will reach though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Rizoma MA00x has heights of 1", 1.5" and 2" (rounded from mm). They are also narrower, with a width of around 28.3".

Razoma's handlebars maybe more beneficial for California riders when lane splitting. I'm not sure what the width is for the clubman but I'll find out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If I wanted clubmans I would have kept my ZX6R. Also the Carmichael(and the other Pro taper) have 180mm or 7" for controls, the stock bars have 9".
Did you ever decide on a bar? I want something similar to what you want. I also want less sweep than the stock bars have.

·
Registered
37 Posts
we got the Rizoma MA008 bars installed, and first off, they look and feel great.

But, I will let you know we had to make some adjustments as to the angle and placement of the controls on the bars. The MA008 has a slightly more aggressive bend which forces the controls to mount a bit different. We had problems turning the bars full lock to the right (which no one ever does anyway) with the throttle housing making contact with the tank. We just had to wiggle a few things around to make them work. Its out favorite bend, but the other Rizoma bars prolly wouldnt have needing any adjustments. Just FYI.

Here they are

photo 3-6.jpg

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I don't think the E measurement is correct.
It looks to me to be 2" or so.
I am looking for a taller bar with more sweep.
I need to know if the cables will reach though.
I obtained the E measurement by laying the bars forward on my workbench and measuring from the workbench to the center of the barend. I urge anyone to take the time out of their life to do the same. Renthal street fighter low bend worked for me. If I wanted something more akin to clip-ons, I would have kept my CBR954RR.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts